Re: Floorplan Scripts & Delay

  • Subject: Re: Floorplan Scripts & Delay
  • From: "drodegeb" <drodegeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:55:02 -0000

Another question about the script, is it possible to have the entire
script or timer only run if a device is in a certain status (ex. If
device RainLast24Hours is on, don't run script.)?

I see there is a check device for each line, but the dropdown only has
"Calling device" in the dropdown, and I would like to be able to
check
the device for the entire script or timer.

Also, as for the delay, could you put in an option to choose if you
want the delays to be from the start of the script or from the
previous line (Default to from start of script for backwards
compatibility)?  If I want to increase how long a zone is turned on, I
have to adjust each line following it.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor
<james.traynor@...> wrote:

> drodegeb wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. Would it be easier to write a "RAW Script" to
do it? If so,
> > what would it look like
> >

> http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Floorplan_Scripts4
> Is a good example of a raw script that creates timers to do other
> things.  Although for simple on/offs  the way you are doing it is
> probably easier.  Another way is to separate things out a little and
use
> the OnChange events for each sprinkler to trigger a timer to turn the
> device off.
>

> > Also, is it normal for it to always include a check device
parameter
> > after editing? I always have to go back in and chose
"Delete" to get