Re: xAP bridging / routing

If there's a way to pass all the broadcast tarffic that is destined to
port 3639 that would be easier.

At the moment I don't believe you could run bothxServer and xRouter on
the same machine with different interface bindings, but it's probably
not too hard to add that.    Alternatively Patricks' Linux router might
be suitable - and you could run one instance under Cygwin .   It might
also be fairly easy to adapt P's code to attach to the xServer. If
that's something you would like to consider,  I can (assuming James'
permission) let you know what you need to send to the xRouter to
establish and maintain a connection.   As just about everything is
managed by the xServer the code is minimal for a client.  However ,
perhaps a bit unconventially your client will be in DMZ which might mean
you have to pass all traffic rather than filtering to just Asterisk
sources.

Martyn Wendon wrote:

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> Unfortunately the dmz side is all Linux, so I guess I'd have to whip
> something up.
>
> Thinking about it some more this morning though, the networks are
> separated
> by a server running ISA (dual nics). So would I be able to run both
the
> xServer and xServer client on the same machine but bound to separate
> NIC's?
>
> Here's some ASCII representing the pertinent parts of my network - not
> sure
> how well it will come out:
>
> INTERNET
>

> SWITCH-----------LINUX BOXES
>

> (nic 0 - 172.18.9.x)
> SERVER RUNNING ISA
> (nic 1 - 192.168.1.x)
>

> SWITCH-----------WINDOWS BOXES
>
> Actually, I guess all I really need to do is figure out a way of
> forwarding
> all broadcast traffic between the inner and outer networks using ISA?
>
> Martyn

gateways) sits in