Re: Re: Squeezebox Duet

BSC naturally has a query abilty at the individual endpoint level -
such
that an off device that awoke can immediately synch its state info.  For
other xAP schema this could be useful although an endpoint might present
several different schema  or not even use sub addressing.

It's an interesting idea, I wonder if a state/cache application might be
appropriate.   Just at the moment I'm re-writing the xServer to allow
for an attaching router client to setup on demand source/class filter
conditions .  Within this there could be a need to provide a small
buffer for messages, which is a similar feature.   This is because the
client is polling.  It maybe that a TCP connection is maintainable - but
if not the buffer , or a recover status is needed.

wrote:

>     Spot on - the controller is a fully fledged computing device (it
>     runs and embeded Linux) so it's perfectly capable of being an
>     independent xAP controller without SqueezeCenter being in the
>     picture at all. That said, a standalone xAP implementation would
>     need to deal with it not being always on and indeed ensure that it
>     didn't require it to be on as that would kill the batteries very
>     quickly. So maybe a component of the solution does need to be on
>     the server - hmmm... more thought required on the architecture.

>         *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
*On Behalf Of *rb_ziggy
>         *Sent:* 13 July 2008 09:29
>
>         *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>         <mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx>
>         *Subject:* [xap_automation] Re: Squeezebox Duet
>
>         Well, that's fair enough.
>
>         I was hoping initially that we have a Squeezecenter V7
compatible
>         interface so that an upgrade to a Duet box wouldn't destroy
the
>         underlying ability to xAP interface other units (e.g.
>         Squeezebox 3)
>         when having to install Squeezecentre. This sounds like exactly
>         what
>         you are aiming for:-)
>
>         Of course... it does get you thinking that with the handset,
an
>         interface back to xAP could be possible (e.g. menu on the
>         handset -
>         with xAP commands issued from it such as - lights on/off etc).
But
>         that is clearly not just functionality in Squeezecentre
>         plugins but
>         something for the handset itself.
>
>         Regards
>
>         Richard
>
>         --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>         <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Edward Pearson"
>         <edward.mailgroup@...> wrote:
>         >
>         > Before you get too excited (and folks' expectations rise
>         beyond what
>         I can
>         > deliver to) - the version that I'm just finishing up
includes no
>         specific
>         > Duet funtionality other than playing well with
SqueezeCenter v7.
>         >
>         > Happy to take suggestions on what Duet-specific
fuctionality
>         might
>         include
>         > though...
>         >
>         >
>         > _____
>         >
>         > From: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>         <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
Pearson"
<edward.mailgroup@> wrote:
>         > > > >
>         > > > > Yes it will.
>         > > > >
>         > > > > I am working on the v7 (SlimCenter) plugin
right now.
>         Hope to have
>         > > it out
>         > > > > in a week or so.
>         > > > > I'm expecting Logitec to ship me Duet beta
hardware
>         very soon now
>         > > so I'll
>         > > > > be able to test on that hardware.
>         > > > > The initial verison will be a
like-for-like port of
>         the current v6
>         > > plugin.
>         > > > > Then I'll be looking at enhancements that
specifically
>         target
>         > > SlimCenter
>         > > > > features and also the possibilities of the
duet
>         hardware (eg,
>         > > using the
>         > > > > remote for general home control duties).
>         > > > >
>         > > > > ------------------------------
>         > > > > *From:* xap_automation@
>         <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com
>         <mailto:xap_automation%2540yahoogroups.com>>
>         > > yahoogroups.com <http://yahoogroups.com> [mailto:
>         > > > > xap_automation@
>         <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com
>         <mailto:xap_automation%2540yahoogroups.com>>
>         > > yahoogroups.com <http://yahoogroups.com>] *On Behalf Of
>         *Kevin Hawkins
>         > > > > *Sent:* 05 February 2008 00:29
>         > > > > *To:* xap_automation@
>         <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com
>         <mailto:xap_automation%2540yahoogroups.com>>
>         > > yahoogroups.com <http://yahoogroups.com>
>         > > > > *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] Squeezebox
Duet
>         > > > >
>         > > > > Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>         > > > > > The current xAP plugin works in the
current V6
>         SlimServer but
>         > not in
>         > > > > > V7 which Duet will use. I believe
it's quite high on
>         a list of
>         > > > > > things to look at though.... and
fingers crossed the
>         required
>         > > changes
>         > > > > > for V7 will not be too awkward.
>         > > > > >
>         > > > > > Kevin
>         > > > > >
>         > > > > > rb_ziggy wrote:
>         > > > > >>
>         > > > > >> Does anyone know if the new
Squeezebox Duet
>         will/still supports
>         > > xAP?
>         > > > > >>
>         > > > > >> I couldn't see a reference in the
specifications on the
>         > Slimdevices
>         > > > > >> site.
>         > > > > >> Looks like a fantastic audio
option and at a price that
>         massively
>         > > > > >> undercuts Sonos. If it has xAP,
it could be even more