xAP and Weather

Hi

I recently treated myself to a Weather Station.

I was tempted by a special offer at Maplins combined with a voucher
and bought the USB Wirelss model N96FY. Not an expensive or
professional model perhaps, but an interesting device.

Apart from the relatively low cost the other attractions were that
the data collection pole connected wirelessly to the base station and
the base station talks over USB to the PC (it's all in the name...).

The accompanying software is nothing special, but Weather Display,

http://www.weather-display.com/index.php

supports this model directly now , ie without havving to use the
supplied software as well, and Weather Display also supports the xAP
Weather schema, Weather.Report.

An addon for Weather Display is WD Live which displays live data on a
web page using Flash. I have incorporated this into my xAP Intranet
using my "Generic Intranet Wrapper".

Weather Display and WD live are not free but I am very pleased with
the results. You an see a couple of Screen dumps on my site

www.netcomp.biz

click on Weather on the right hand side

If any of you want to follow a simialr path I would be happy to pass
what I have learned

As I get time I will probably develop this a bit further, I will let
you know

Kevin T