Re: Re: Can Ping monitor a xAP hub?

--------------050201010902080501030408

2, i think, plus 10 seconds  just to cover any slowdowns or timing issues
James

wrote:

> xAP

> send a

crashing

> while i'm

script to

> restart

but it always

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------050201010902080501030408

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

2, i think, plus 10 seconds&nbsp; just to cover any slowdowns or timing
issues<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">cool.  how many heartbeat intervals must be
missed before the alert is
sent?

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Yep, that's the one.  You should see a new tab
on the main screen
labelled xAP with a list of devices and time from last heartbeat.

James

rleong1 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">ah i forgot it's udp!  would the xAP
monitoring be under "monitor
heartbeats"? otherwise i'm not seeing this option.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor &lt;james@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">yes it can, the latest Ping which i've just
sent to you does have
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->xAP
</pre>
<pre wrap="">monitoring and will alert you when a xAP
device fails. It will
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->send a
</pre>
<pre wrap="">display message on the failure.
xAP is UDP so there is no TCP port for it to connect to which is why
that check is failing.

James

rleong1 wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">James,

i'm trying to get ping to monitor my xAP hub.  it's crashing
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->while i'm
</pre>
<pre wrap="">trying to create a xAP app and i'd like to
create a script to
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->restart
</pre>
<pre wrap="">it.  i set up ping to do a TCP monitor of port