Re: BSC Protocol question

Hi Matt,

Nice application - I have a Leopard - and I almost got an Ocelot on
eBay last week.    IIRC the range of products only supports IR TX and
not IR RX - am I right ?

Re the BSC questions - yes you're correct in your interpretation.
You can name the IR signals should you wish as well eg
Module.Point.Lounge.AIWA.Vol_Up    should you wish - although it may
not serve any useful purpose.

Re the restriction to two hex digits (254 devices as 00 and FF are
reserved) - this was a limitation in xAP v1.2.    There is an updated
version of xAP (v1.3) that increases this to eliminate this restriction
.  Have a search in the posts here and also the xAP Developer list.

Essentially you change the xAP header ver=  parameter to ver=13 and the
UID has a new format
UID=NN.AAAA:SSSS    where
NN=network
AA=application address (must be unique)
SS= sub address

The three segments can be any even number of hex digits so you can have
4 digits (or more) for your sub addresses :-).  You will probably use
the format above.

In the BSC schema your ID= parameter has to match in the number of
digits so typically something like
ID=00F2   or
ID=016E

Also just to clarify another change in xAP v1.3.
The feature allowing you to include a target= parameter within message
blocks has been deprecated.

Any more Q's just ask away and I look forward to seeing the application :-)

Cheers Kevin