Re: Re: New embedded controller: opn-max

Yes, I'll certainly do what I can Daniel - quite busy times at the
moment but also lots of things I can use a opn-max for so should be fun.

Kevin

Daniel Berenguer wrote:
> Kevin, Max, Tim,
>
> Can I count on you for beta-testing opn-max?
>
> Daniel.
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:
>
>> This is really exciting Daniel - great stuff ... and the even
better
>> news is that I alredy have a NSLU2 that I bought a while back so
I'm
>> keen to give this a try and to provide you as much feedback as I
can.

>> Cheers Kevin
>>
>> Daniel Berenguer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi xAP community!
>>>
>>> I'm proud to introduce opn-max ? a new generation of embedded
network
>>> controllers aimed to work as high-level xAP masters (good
>>> introduction, don't you think so?).
>>>
>>> http://www.opnode.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opn-max
>>>
>>> This controller is based on a Linksys NSLU2 and only needs an
external
>>> drive (memory stick or hard disk) to store applications, web
pages and
>>> custom files. The NSLU2 typically costs less than 80 ? (VAT
apart).
>>> Just add the price of a memory stick, install the necessary
software
>>> into it and? voilà, you have an opn-max.
>>>
>>> Opn-max, as any other opnode, is an open source design. This
means
>>> that you can download the source code from sourceforge (not
yet?) in
>>> case you want to contribute to this project. This also means
that you
>>> can buy your NSLU2 from your local supplier and then convert
it into
>>> an opn-max controller for free.
>>>
>>> I'm going to need a lot of help to fine-tune opn-max so those
>>> volunteers? be ready to spend some time on the project because
it has
>>> plenty of features:
>>>
>>>  - xAP BSC interface (I'll try to add support for other
schemas in a
>>> near future)
>>>  - Web server for configuring and controlling opn-max
>>>  - Event manager
>>>  - Perl scripting with access to endpoints
>>>  - Customizable web PHP pages with access to endpoints
>>>  - SQLite database. Possibility of saving endpoint values into
SQLite
>>> tables
>>>  - Web graphs and charts
>>>  - SSH server for administration and installation purposes
>>>  - FTP server
>>>
>>> These features are already implemented and opn-max is
operational.
>>> However, so many functionalities need a deep validation
process in
>>> real applications. I'm just running opn-max on my workbench
and my
>>> current requirements in terms of home automation are pretty
limited.

>>> Moreover, Alicia, my personal web developer, has been very
busy these
>>> months so she couldn't help me on this project as she wanted.
This