Re: New embedded controller: opn-max

  • Subject: Re: New embedded controller: opn-max
  • From: "Daniel Berenguer" <dberenguer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:28:32 -0000

Hi Tim,

The slug can still be used as a NAS using NFS and you can even install
samba on it but remember that the Linksys web pages are not there any
more under OpenSlug. Nevertheless, in my opinion, you shouldn't use
the opn-max slug for other purposes as you would be compromising its
performance. Remember that other of the interests of this project is
the availability of distributing tasks among the network. So, I would
rather do:

First slug -> NAS
Second slug -> opn-max

Daniel.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@...>

<timsyahoo@> wrote:

> > > Hi Daniel,
> > >
> > > This sounds pretty cool :-)
> > > If I understand you correctly, I can run a xAP controller on
a slug
> > > and not have to have a PC on 24/7...did I get that right?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Tim.

embedded
network