Re: xAP Speech Installation Instructions?

  • Subject: Re: xAP Speech Installation Instructions?
  • From: "mstovenour" <Mstovenour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 06:50:10 -0000

I tried a couple of things, like manually registering the sapi.dll that
comes with xAP Speech, but I could not get the xAPSpeech application to
start.  I installed it on a different winXP system and it worked on the
first try.

I have a second win2k system that I might try later in the week.  That's
the one for the kitchen that I really want to speek.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:

> re-reading your message I missed the ActiveX error. xAP Speech refers
> to the following :

Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#..\..\Windows\\
system32\STDOLE2.TLB#OLE
> Automation

Reference=*\G{C866CA3A-32F7-11D2-9602-00C04F8EE628}#5.0#0#..\..\Windows\\
System32\Speech\Common\sapi.dll#Microsoft
> Speech Object Library
> Object={248DD890-BB45-11CF-9ABC-0080C7E7B78D}#1.0#0; MSWINSCK.OCX
> Object={E7BC34A0-BA86-11CF-84B1-CBC2DA68BF6C}#1.0#0; ntsvc.ocx
>
> It was built from the SAPI 5.1 sdk which was back in 2001!
> James
>
> James Traynor wrote:
> > xAP Speech is as Gregg suggested a SAPI application. In fact you
can
> > think of it as little more that a xAP SAPI front end. It will
talk
and
> > output to sound cards as recognised by sapi itself. I originally
ran
> > xAP Speech on win2k server but I've run it on win 2k3, XP and
vista
> > too. At the start i used the free MS voices but have been using
it
> > with the ATT natural voices for quite a while now.
> > For testing i would ignore the service and run it as a regular
> > application. From there you can pick the default voice, sound
card
> > which may not be correct. Sapi tends to like spdif outputs as its
> > defaults for some reason! Click Save and Test words and see what
> > happens. You should get xAP messages sent and the speech begins
and
> > ends too.
> > If that fails then it must be a Sapi thing if it succeeds then it
> > points to networking.
> >
> > Let me know what happens
> >
> > James
> > mstovenour wrote:
> >>
> >> Are there any installation, configuration, or troubleshooting
> >> instructions for xAP Speech? I'm having no luck getting it to
work
> >> on my win2k system. Clicking on the shortcut the installer
created
> >> results in the following error: Title: xAP TTSBody: Error in
> >> initialisation: ActiveX component can't create object
Shutting
down.
> >> <OK>
> >>
> >> When I install and start the service there are no errors in
the
event