Re: xAPSwitchboard feature request

darrenp_lock wrote:
> James,
>
> would it be possible to add a number of filters to the HTML display of
> calls? I'd like, if possible, to be able to see calls that were
> unanswered or calls received on a particular line if possible. Also
I'd
> like to be able to invoke these filter from URL options.

Done! Actually I had already added it to solve a different problem. If
you look at the current switchboard interface and click on one of the
search icons next  to name,number etc then the results page will only
display the last 20 matches. ie you lose the  ability to page through
the records. This change means you can now page through results and
those results can be filtered by either name, number, location, line,
direction.
> Alternatively, is there an API/method for accessing the switchboard
> data (calls, contatcs, lines, etc.)?

Other than an array that holds the list of telephone lines all the data
switchboard uses is queried straight from the .mdb. So you can use
normal db tools to get at the data if you're local to the application.
As far as a web API then there is the interface that Four uses to query
switchboard.  It's  a simple GET interface  with two parameters QU= and ST=
If ST=contact then QU= specifies part of the name,number, location for a
query against the contacts db
IF ST=lastcalls then QU= specifies the record count  then you receive
the last X number of calls from the call log
IF ST=lastcallers then QU= specifies  part of the name,number, location
for a query against the call log

Examples being
http://192.168.0.1:52340/full_four.xsp?st=lastcalls
http://192.168.0.1:52340/full_four.xsp?st=lastcallers&qu=fred
http://192.168.0.1:52340/full_four.xsp?st=contact&qu=bob

The returned data has each result returned in <Result>
</Result> tags
but there is some 'junk' above and below the results that comes from the
intranet ocx, but it's easy to strip out.
> Finally, could there be a URL command to clear the call log.

Can be added but would have to be optional as is it's quite a dangerous
function! Would this need to be from any PC or could it be locked down
to only happen from a single IP?

James