RE: Completely pointless example!

A great way of sending SPAM ;)

What happens if you're not there - does it queue them up?

Paul.

Behalf Of Tim Hawes
> Sent: 05 March 2007 09:44
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Completely pointless example!
>
> James,
>
> What a cool feature!
> I sent you a couple of test messages over the weekend, did you receive
> them?
> The webpage on mi4 said "Failed to Send" or similar, but the
bit of
> text underneath said "this is what just happened" and
described the
> process you list below.
>
> I'm happy to test again if that helps.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.
>
> On 3/3/07, James Traynor <james@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is just little example of what could be done with xAP,
Floorplan
> > and a bit of HTML.
> >
> > I have added a form to the homepage of mi4.biz where you can
enter a
> > message for me. When you click send that message appears
instantly on
> my
> > SLIMP3 above my monitor and this is how it works:
> >
> > This is the html form on the homepage:
> >
> > <form
action="modules.php?name=Messageexample&file=index&func=send"
> > method="post">
> > <input size="20" name="stuff"><input
value="Send"
> type="submit"></form>
> >
> > This sends the data collected from the input box to a php page on
the
> > same server. That php page receives the data and sends it to my
home
> via
> > another http request. The reason for doing this rather than just
> sending
> > the data straight to my home is that it hides my home IP address,
> which
> > is a good thing!

$curl_handle=curl_init('<HomeIP>/custom/On_FromWeb/index.xsp?'.urlencod
> e($stuff));
> > curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_PORT,<Floorplan Web
Port>);
> > curl_setopt($curl_handle,CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT,5);
> > curl_setopt($curl_handle, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
> > curl_setopt($curl_handle, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);
> > $x=curl_exec($curl_handle);
> >

> > On my xAP Floorplan I have made a custom web page to receive the
data
> > and then send the xAP.
> >
> > st=replace(getdata,"+"," ")
> > msg=replace(st,"\'","'")
> > if msg<>"" then
> >    'send the message.display message
> >    body="display.text" & chr(10)
> >    body=body & "{" & chr(10)
> >    body=body & "Line1=Message from the web" &
chr(10)
> >    body=body & "Line2=" & msg & chr(10)
> >    body=body & "Priority=3" & chr(10)
> >    body=body & "Duration=20" & chr(10)
> >    body=body & "}" & chr(10)

x=xap.sendxap(body,"message.display","ersp.slim.server:monitor")