Re: Re: Four .2

--------------070501030509040009000802

interesting, I had thought gtalk only used TLS  but SSL does open it up.
Let me have a play and see what can be done
James
rleong1 wrote:
> as a side note, i tried xap jabber with stunnel (
> http://www.stunnel.org ) - it didn't seem
to work.  maybe a short term

wrote:

>> how can i monitor a google calendar?  also, will you be adding
support
>> for google chat in xap jabber?
>>
>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have just upload to mi4.biz a new release of Four. There are
>>>
> quite a
>
>>> few new features as well as lots of bug fixes.
>>> This new release adds these new features:
>>>
>>>     * Can run as a service
>>>     * Supports integration with other systems using http
queries,

> which
>
>>>       works in a similar way to it's links with Switchboard
and

>> Floorplan.
>>
>>>     * Introduces the concept of people into the xAP enviroment
>>>     * A persons presence is collected and merged from data
from IM and
>>>       Intranet Launchers. This is then simplified to
>>>       Home,Work,Mobile,Unknown.
>>>     * This presence is displayed in the interface and
available on xAP
>>>       as a BSC device.
>>>     * Optionally, you can make this presence available on the
web

> so you
>
>>>       could add the info to a blog/website.
>>>     * Can monitor an iCal calendar, Goolge Calendar for
example.
>>>     * Calendar info is made available over xAP as BSC.
>>>     * Display and TTS alerts can be sent for presence changes
and to
>>>       alert on calendar reminders.
>>>
>>> an example of the, optional, web presence can be seen at the
>>>
> bottom of
>
>>> this page.
>>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=20
>>> It's worth pointing out how this works as it does involve
storing

> some
>
>>> info on mi4.
>>> 3 guids are created by Four. Two for each person and one for
Four
>>> itself. One of the persons guids is used to read presence and
the

> other
>
>>> is used to write presence. When Four detects a presence change
it

> does
>
>>> an Http call to mi4 including these GUIDs and the current
presence.

>> This
>>
>>> is all that is stored. No names,IPs or anything like that.Even
>>>
> looking
>
>>> at the db reveals nothing as all you can see is a meaningless
list.
>>> If you want you presence on a website then you use the link
provided
>>> which looks  like
>>> http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22}
>>> All of this is optional though but I though it important to
show

>> what it
>>
>>> does before you use it!
>>>
>>> Enjoy
>>>
>>> James
>>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------070501030509040009000802

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

interesting, I had thought gtalk only used TLS&nbsp; but SSL does open
it
up. Let me have a play and see what can be done<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">as a side note, i tried xap jabber with
stunnel (
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.stunnel.org";>http://www.stunnel.org</a> ) - it
didn't seem to work.  maybe a short term
solution would be to get it working with stunnel if you don't want to
add ssl support into xap jabber?  i did connect to google chat using
stunnel and exodus pointing to stunnel instead of directly to
talk.google.com, as a proof of concept.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"rleong1" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:rleong1@...";>&lt;rleong1@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">how can i monitor a google calendar?  also,
will you be adding support
for google chat in xap jabber?

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor &lt;james@&gt; wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I have just upload to mi4.biz a new release of Four. There are
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->quite a
</pre>
<pre wrap="">few new features as well as lots of bug fixes.
This new release adds these new features:

* Can run as a service
* Supports integration with other systems using http queries,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->which
</pre>
<pre wrap="">      works in a similar way to it's links
with Switchboard and
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Floorplan.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">    * Introduces the concept of people into
the xAP enviroment
* A persons presence is collected and merged from data from IM and
Intranet Launchers. This is then simplified to
Home,Work,Mobile,Unknown.
* This presence is displayed in the interface and available on xAP
as a BSC device.
* Optionally, you can make this presence available on the web
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->so you
</pre>
<pre wrap="">      could add the info to a blog/website.
* Can monitor an iCal calendar, Goolge Calendar for example.
* Calendar info is made available over xAP as BSC.
* Display and TTS alerts can be sent for presence changes and to
alert on calendar reminders.

an example of the, optional, web presence can be seen at the
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->bottom of
</pre>
<pre wrap="">this page.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=20";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=20</a>
It's worth pointing out how this works as it does involve storing
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->some
</pre>
<pre wrap="">info on mi4.
3 guids are created by Four. Two for each person and one for Four
itself. One of the persons guids is used to read presence and the
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->other
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is used to write presence. When Four detects a
presence change it
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->does
</pre>
<pre wrap="">an Http call to mi4 including these GUIDs and
the current presence.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">This
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is all that is stored. No names,IPs or
anything like that.Even
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->looking
</pre>
<pre wrap="">at the db reveals nothing as all you can see
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22";>http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22</a>}
All of this is optional though but I though it important to show
</pre>
<pre wrap="">what it
</pre>
<pre wrap="">does before you use it!