Re: Re: Four .2

--------------020902010105000705080105

Go to you Google calendar. Click Settings > Calendars > Your name .
Click on the iCal link under Private Address and copy the url.
In Four go to settings. Click Add and enter a name. Click on the name's
tab and enter the iCal url in the box, and then update.
The calendar will be checked every 20 minutes and from that  config page
you can turn on/off notifications. On Four'sa homepage you'll see a new
tab which shows the next 5 events and Four will generate 2 BSC device
per user. On that is  Free/Busy and a second that shows events that are
on today.
hth
James
rleong1 wrote:
> how can i monitor a google calendar?  also, will you be adding support
> for google chat in xap jabber?
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just upload to mi4.biz a new release of Four. There are
quite a
>> few new features as well as lots of bug fixes.
>> This new release adds these new features:
>>
>>     * Can run as a service
>>     * Supports integration with other systems using http queries,
which
>>       works in a similar way to it's links with Switchboard and
>>
> Floorplan.
>
>>     * Introduces the concept of people into the xAP enviroment
>>     * A persons presence is collected and merged from data from IM
and
>>       Intranet Launchers. This is then simplified to
>>       Home,Work,Mobile,Unknown.
>>     * This presence is displayed in the interface and available on
xAP
>>       as a BSC device.
>>     * Optionally, you can make this presence available on the web
so you
>>       could add the info to a blog/website.
>>     * Can monitor an iCal calendar, Goolge Calendar for example.
>>     * Calendar info is made available over xAP as BSC.
>>     * Display and TTS alerts can be sent for presence changes and
>>       alert on calendar reminders.
>>
>> an example of the, optional, web presence can be seen at the
bottom of
>> this page.
>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=20
>> It's worth pointing out how this works as it does involve storing
some
>> info on mi4.
>> 3 guids are created by Four. Two for each person and one for Four
>> itself. One of the persons guids is used to read presence and the
other
>> is used to write presence. When Four detects a presence change it
does
>> an Http call to mi4 including these GUIDs and the current
presence.

> This
>
>> is all that is stored. No names,IPs or anything like that.Even
looking
>> at the db reveals nothing as all you can see is a meaningless
list.
>> If you want you presence on a website then you use the link
provided
>> which looks  like
>> http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22}
>> All of this is optional though but I though it important to show
>>
> what it
>
>> does before you use it!
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> James
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------020902010105000705080105

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Go to you Google calendar. Click Settings &gt; Calendars &gt; Your
name
. Click on the iCal link under Private Address and copy the url.<br>
In Four go to settings. Click Add and enter a name. Click on the name's
tab and enter the iCal url in the box, and then update.<br>
The calendar will be checked every 20 minutes and from that&nbsp;
config
page you can turn on/off notifications. On Four'sa homepage you'll see
a new tab which shows the next 5 events and Four will generate 2 BSC
device per user. On that is&nbsp; Free/Busy and a second that shows
events
that are on today.<br>
hth<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">how can i monitor a google calendar?  also,
will you be adding support
for google chat in xap jabber?

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I have just upload to mi4.biz a new release of Four. There are quite a
few new features as well as lots of bug fixes.
This new release adds these new features:

* Can run as a service
* Supports integration with other systems using http queries, which
works in a similar way to it's links with Switchboard and
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->Floorplan.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">    * Introduces the concept of people into
the xAP enviroment
* A persons presence is collected and merged from data from IM and
Intranet Launchers. This is then simplified to
Home,Work,Mobile,Unknown.
* This presence is displayed in the interface and available on xAP
as a BSC device.
* Optionally, you can make this presence available on the web so you
could add the info to a blog/website.
* Can monitor an iCal calendar, Goolge Calendar for example.
* Calendar info is made available over xAP as BSC.
* Display and TTS alerts can be sent for presence changes and to

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=20";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=20</a>
It's worth pointing out how this works as it does involve storing some
info on mi4.
3 guids are created by Four. Two for each person and one for Four
itself. One of the persons guids is used to read presence and the other
is used to write presence. When Four detects a presence change it does
an Http call to mi4 including these GUIDs and the current presence.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->This
</pre>
<pre wrap="">is all that is stored. No names,IPs or
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22";>http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22</a>}
All of this is optional though but I though it important to show
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->what it
</pre>
<pre wrap="">does before you use it!