RE: xAP enabling Honeywell heating controller

Thanks Kevin.

I think I want a solution where I can use the (dependable) supplied
control=
ler for day to day functioning etc - and then be able to program that
throu=
gh Main Lobby (and xAP I guess). Plus be able to display setpoints and
temp=
in ML.

I agree about the reliability aspects - I'm currently struggling with a
cou=
ple of areas in my HA system that need constant re-setting and
maintenance.=
Oddly enough, HomeVision is currently one of these mis-behaving systems an=
d occasionally locks up! We think it's down to interference but I've got
li=
mited room ATM to properly troubleshoot, so am really waiting for the new,
=
bigger Node0 to iron out the problems (hopefully). Heating has to work
reli=
ably though, so a system that has xAP or any other PC link as a REQUIRED
li=
nk in the system is out. Data reporting and the ability to set everything
w=
ithin ML is a different matter though as I wouldn't see that as
'dangerous'=
:)

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> [...]
> some of the zones are controlled by xAP Netiom outputs .  I still
would
> like to play with proportional control  in some form of loop feedback
> system - although again I'm told the practicalities of this may not
> reap
> the apparent benefits (loop latency). I'd like to benefit more from
> optimum start in a couple of the rooms too.  This whole topic
interests
> me though and I would love to reduce my gas bill . In fact when I
typed
> the current electricity and gas figures into uSwitch the other day it
> complained they weren't 'residential' consumptions and I was a
business
> user .... and so I had to reduce them to see the best supplier.  I
fell
> for joining PowerGens 'business' tariff a couple of years back and gas
> was indeed about 10% cheaper but they then added full VAT on the
bills,
> and insisted this was mandatory on a business tariff  - despite their
> sales person assuring me that as a private user I would still enjoy
the
> lower VAT rate
>=20
> I think it would be useful to think through exactly what you might
want
> the xAP part of the integration to do and what (if any) dependencies
> you
> introduce there.  I have tried to ensure that all the fundamental
> functions of the house can work autonomously from any HA things I
layer
> on top, eg lighting, TV, heating  operate even if the HA PC has died.
> Some extra bits may not happen like lights coming on as you enter a
> room
> or the hot water circulatory system stopping when you leave the home.
> If the HA fails whilst I'm away I need everything to still work
> reasonably. If you've ever had to deliver those lines ' Sorry,  I'll
> fix
> it when I get back but in the meantime you'll have to sit in darkness
> and watch Coronation Street without sound' then you know where that
> leads... . Here I'm also trying to go 'embedded' and do away with PC's
> wherever possible except for the very fancy stuff (emails , TV
listings
> etc).  In the past PC's are usually where my problems have arisen
from.
>=20
> Happy to be an interested party here but time is my obstacle at the
> moment (so type shorter messages I hear you all say). So many things
on
> the todo list...
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  Paul Gale wrote:
> >
> > I=92ve been speaking to Neil Ball (from UKHA_D) about their
Honeywell
> > Hometronic system for my loft conversion. The Honeywell system
look
> > really good and can have wireless radiator controllers along with
> > supporting a wide range of HVAC options. Neil=92s company
> (sensibleheat)
> > have developed an interface to the Honeywell controller with web
and
> > other interface options.
> >
> > http://www.sensibleheat.co.uk/
> >
> > I=92m keen to get this in and maybe xAP enable it. From the
protocol
> > docs I=92ve seen, it looks fairly simple (although I=92ve not
gone into
> it
> > in depth).
> >
> > Is anyone interested in looking at this? I think Neil would be
happy
> > to provide loan kit or maybe discounted kit etc??? Anyone
planning to
> > replace or supplement their heating system?
> >
> > Alternatively, I may be interested in paying someone to develop
> something=85
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Paul.
> >
> > _