Re: Re: SB Error

Thanks Lehane for responding.  I've noted a few other things along w/
your comments.

Quoting Lehane Kellett (2/17/07 5:33 AM):
> I'll dive in with a starter for ten.
>
> The key piece of the IVR integration is James's Four software which
> allows plain/canned English command and interrogation of the xAP (and
> xPL) devices within xAP Floorplan. You need both for the best
integration.

If you are a current FP user, then I definitely agree.  Technically, the
IVR integration relies on the use of the xAP Messenger.Event/Cmd
schemas.  These schemas were originally used by Four and xAP Jabber.
Because they allow for a simple command (or request for info) and a
response, they are also ideal for use in IVR applications.  Hence, axc
was modified to be "Messenger aware".  This means that any
command that
you can send/use via the xAP Jabber app can also be used for IVR and
visa versa.

Also, Four is no longer the only processor of Messenger messages--I
modified misterhouse (mh) to process commands and responses in a similar
way.  While I realize you probably don't use mh, I mention this because
in my environment, I have now 2 "messenger gateways" that can be
interrogated by "clients" such as axc's IVR capability and xAP
Jabber.
The only challenge here is keeping the vocabularies of these gateways
distinct.  Conceptually, the xAP Homeseer gateway might be modified to
be Messenger compliant as well.  If that doesn't happen and there's
enough interest, I'll consider adding support for the Homeseer-specific
schema that permits control.  One reason that I'm not overly
enthusiastic about doing so, however, is that I don't see any (easy)
mechanism for having a response intercepted by axc.  So, while you might
be able to issue commands, you'd have to "hope" that they worked.

> Within the ael script (see the xAP wiki) the commands to Four are
> embedded, so for example in my script keying '3' gives me the status
of
> the heating, which is an output on an xAP Netiom, called in Floorplan
> 'Heating GO', by asking Four 'what is the status of Heating GO'. The
> response is then verbalised by the Text To Speech engine - Flite in
the
> case of Trixbox.

The subject of the AEL script came up during this past week's talk and
whether or not it had to be used.  It doesn't.  I prefer AEL over the
"normal" dial-plan syntax because it's easier for me to implement
branching logic. But, for users that are more comfortable w/ using the
normal dial-plan syntax or fancy writing some AGI (in Perl, php or
java), then these are also options.  I'll update the wiki to identify
the essential info that must be set and then watched to allow the IVR to
work.

Also, I plan to incorporate additional logic into axc (beyond the latest
mods) to make the text that is returned via Messenger messages more
"speakable".  Time stamps now sound better; but there are other
phrases/wordings that could be improved.

> I'm extending that (with the security of a PIN) such that I can
command
> heating, security, lights, etc.

This is indeed very important as otherwise anyone could call your public
number and begin control--if you make access available in this fashion.
FWIW: I'm aware of at least one mh user that uses a wireless phone as a
"remote" via IVR and the command access is private to his *
exchange.
So, it is possible to have multiple IVR contexts to address security.

> HTH
> Lehane
>

> darrenp_lock wrote:
>>
>> Greg/James,
>>
>> would one of you chaps mind summarising this whole thread as a
number
>> of concepts and integrating technologies have been covered here
and
>> I'm not sure I've grasped it all  :">
>>
>> I am a TrixBox (PSTN & VoIP) user and have been using AXC to
pass CLID
>> info to xAP. I uses SB to provide a CLID database (can't wait to
try
>> the TrixBox CLID lookup) , user friendly call log and OSD in
>> MediaCentre (although there is some work to do here now I'm
running
>> Vista). I also gateway the SB & AXC (VMail counts & CLID)
xAP Messages
>> into HomeSeer and then gateway back out into MainLobby for display
on
>> my TouchScreen and MainLobby CallerID plugin.
>>
>> I have been considering processing CLID info in HomeSeer as well
as  I
>> use the HomeSeer interface from my Mobile Phone. Trouble is, this
>> would mean keeping a number of CLID Databases all in sync .
>>
>> Reading between the lines of this thread it would appear that
there is
>> potential TrixBox IVR integration with xAP but I don't see the
>> logic/mechanism to associate an IVR command to some xAP
Processing.