Re: xap/xpl bridging

> In my comprehension of the product (Floorplan) , you can only trigger
> a script when a device value is changed or updated. Then I don't see
> where to put my trigger...

Yes, a script is triggered by either an update or a change to a device.
So if it's just a single device or jsut a couple then that is the
easiest way to go.
However you can catch all messages of a type and run a script on them.
In Config/Devices/Raw add a new device.
Give it an alias. Set Source to > class to xapbsc.event section to >
and
item to state .
Now that device will update on any incoming xapbsc device.
Now make a script:

sub main()

SourceAddress=xap.GetFromRaw(RawMessage,"message.header,source")
xAPState=xap.GetFromRaw(RawMessage,"output.state.1,state")

xTarget="xpl.hal.1234"
xSection="hello"
xBody="MyStateIs=" & xAPState & chr(10)
xbody=xbody & "xAPSource=" & Sourceaddress & chr(10)

x=xap.sendxpl(xTarget,xSection,xBody)
end sub

Now go back to the device and have this script run on update.

I think that should work, although you'll have to make the xpl message
into something more useful!

> I tried to activate the Xap "XPL Bridge Support" but I don't
know what
> kind of messages he translates and how it works. In XPL Monitor, I
> just see Floorplan hearbeats but no message issued.

The bridge is really for bringing xPL devices in to the xAP world. There
are limitations on what can go the other way like no uid, smaller item
names and a single body. I am trying to add to the translators support
for various schemas so that xap can be bridged to xpl but for now think
of the bridge as xPL>xAP

James