Re: SB Error + VOIP routing

Quoting Lehane Kellett (2/10/07 5:09 AM):
> Gregg,
> For those of us on Trixbox, which does not have Cepstral and the
> extensions.ael, what would be required to get IVR?
>
> Can I just add extensions.ael and then change the script to use Flite?
> (BTW, I have UK script which uses the BBC weather RSS for *61 which
> uses Flite)

If you want to send me (offlist) your script that uses Flite, I'll take
a look at what parts should be modified to get you going.  Of course,
you're welcome to give it a try as well.  If there is already a system
call that looks like:

Flite("text to be spoken")

then, it should be trivial to modify the speak macro to accommodate
Flite.  If it's not quite that easy, then yes--you could also mod the
cepstral.agi script to specifically target flite.  One thing that I
personally really like about this script is that I wanted to be able to
interrupt speaking w/ key presses that were the options that I wanted.
Existing applications or scripts that you might have possibly won't do
this.  If they don't, then modding the cepstral.agi script (which is
part of the new axc release) is the way to go.  If this were done, I'd
add a new flite.agi if desired.  I'd need to know the flite command args
as I don't personally use it.

All "modern" asterisk releases have AEL support; I would be
somewhat
surprised if Trixbox doesn't.  To confirm, type "module show" at
the *
console.  You should see pbx_ael.so listed. If this doesn't work, then
you could certainly implement this using the original extensions
language--I just personally don't like that form of syntax--especially
for something like IVRs.  I think that there may be a command to show
the AEL converted extensions if that is something that would be useful
to you.  I would suggest doing whatever is necessary to ensure AEL is an
option though.

> Unfortunately I only have a live * system so don't want to bring it
down
> too often.

I have never taken mine "down" with any of my testing.  You can
slide
AGIs and extension changes in and out w/o impacting *.  Typos in
extensions simply causes * to ignore them.  So, unless you do something
really silly, you should never have a disabling situation.  I'll be
happy to look over mods that you're thinking of making to your private
extensions if you wish; just send them offlist.

Gregg