Re: axc switchboard outgoing calls?

  • Subject: Re: axc switchboard outgoing calls?
  • From: "hometecky" <hometecky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:16:20 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

> hometecky wrote:
> >
> > I do see the messages at the HUB on Homeseer but xAp
> > conduit does not present me with any devices to create from your
> > Meteor message. Any Idea rather than the why?
> >

> Is it possible that the device has already been learned/ previously
> dismissed somehow ? - if so the device will now be listed the
'ReDetect'
> tab rather than the 'New Hardware' tab and will be being ignored
> currently .   The best way to re-enable a device for selection &
ensure
> that the device presents itself as the specific combination of the
> SCSI   (Source, Class, Section / (aka blockname) and Item) is to
capture
> the exact required message in xAP Viewer and then (after now
> re-detecting the device by clicking the grey circle in ReDetect tab)
> send the message immediately from Viewer  - all parameters in the
> message can now be added as devices using '"Configure HS device
from
> this xAP device' and then 'Switch to Raw'.
>
> Note that the parameter and hence the device matching is always
> identified by the SCSI definition so if any one of those values
changes
> it will not be recognised. In particular watch for the section (block)
> name changing maybe..
>
>   Kevin

Kevin and Gregg thanks for posting. Here is what I am working on.
I have an Asterisk box runing axc and I have another box running
Homeseer HS 2.1.173 with the xAP conduit plugin v 2.0.0.313.
I have a script in Homeseer that searches the Homeseer address book
and also Anywho.com for callers names. What I am looking to do it to
grab the CID.Meteor xAP message for the callers number so I can use my
script to search the HS address book that the wife uses.

I do see this message at my HUB veiwer when a call comes in. this is
from Asterisk axc:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FFE80002
class=CID.Meteor
source=liming.axc.house:Kitchen.vitel
}
Incoming.CallWithCID
{
rnnumber=Available
datetime=20070123140943
tag=1169579383.26-1169579383.28
type=Voice
name=Vtell_Paul (PCS)
phone=2602463

The last two lines is what I am wanting as you can see I am using the
cid database in Asterisk to do some looking up as well. I have a small
list in Asterisk that I update for cell phones.

back to xAP conduit. I am a newbe to xAP but I have been using it for
a few things like weather .... OK
At the Homeseer side in the xAP conduit plugin it will usaly present
you with "New Herdware" when it sees a Xap message it knows or
may be
a schema it knows?

The New Hardware discovered the axc messages that ar CTI messages and
I was presented with items that I set up devices in homeseer with.
once the devices are in HS I can use that in my scripts .

But for some reason xAP conduit does not present me with any items to
set up from the CID.Meteor messages that are being generated from xac?
I think I should see a Meteor CID message that will allow me to create
two devices in HS that would be updated when a call came in one for
name= and another for phone= but nothing of the sort is happening.

Hope that helps clear things up a little.