Re: Re: axc switchboard outgoing calls?

Quoting hometecky (2/2/07 12:58 PM):

> Got it going. I did it again I made the mistake of using caps in the
> monitor ext (first letter)then in the ext label not using caps. I made
> everything lowercase now. So all is working. I can make out going
> calls from switchboard now!

Good to hear!  I'm beginning to leverage SB more and have noted a few
issues w/ axc; so, another release will be forthcoming as soon as I work
through a few items w/ James.

> Gregg while I have you, not sure if you would know but I am running
> Homeseer and have created a few devices through xAp conduit Like the
> Line status /on and off hook and that all works great but for some
> reason the CID.Meteor does not come up the the xAP device wizard so I
> could create at lease some Raw devices .

I'm having a hard time following what you are trying to do.  Possibly,
it's because I'm not a Homeseer user.  So, could you
elaborate--specifying the actual xAP message class names so that I know
what you are trying to work with?  For example, I did note the reference
to CID.Meteor above, but those messages don't contain the state=onhook
and state=offhook parameters--rather, CTI2.Event does.

I did just notice the OffHook and OnHook CTI.Cmd messages for CTI.cmd.
axc is currently not sending these as it's not clear to me that they are
needed.  If they are, then I can easily add them.  I created the
CTI2.Even messages to force onhook or offhook *anytime* that a handset
(or extension) is used.  This way, I know that an extension is in use
even when checking voicemail (or using voice menus to control the house).

> Maybe phone, name,. I do get
> these from switchboard but would be nice if I could get them direct
> from Asterisk.

"name" isn't always reliable through the sources that asterisk
gets.
Certain VOIP DID's simply don't pass them through (even in the US).
And, I'm aware that there are plenty of locations using PSTN that have
never had callerid names.  It is possible to implement name-based lookup
w/i asterisk and if used, axc will forward it in it's own messages.
Otherwise, SB is a better source for that.  Possibly, leveraging the
CID.Lookup message that SB broadcasts.

> I do see the messages at the HUB on Homeseer but xAp
> conduit does not present me with any devices to create from your
> Meteor message. Any Idea why?

...hmmmm... You might have noticed the use of "cascaded"
endpoints--rather than "simple" ones.  For example, if I have my
"desk_phone" that calls out over the "house" line, then
the endpoint
becomes desk_phone.house.  It would be really good if I could have
collapsed this down; but the very nature of * as a pbx means that it
switches sources w/ destinations--resulting in this sort of hierarchical
endpointing.  I don't know if this is (or is not) an issue w/ the
Homeseer xAP conduit.  Perhaps someone that knows could speak up or
offer some ideas?

Regards,

Gregg