Re: Re: Four .2

--------------020700070607090901010502

Hi,

I've tried a few things and the library i'm using simply won't do it so
until i find a new one i'm stuck on getting it to connect to google talk
directly. I was thinking, why do you need to connect to google talk at
all?  If you connect xJabber to any other jabber server, jabber.org.uk
for example you will be able to add it as a contact in your google talk
account. As long as both accounts are jabber/xmpp then it doesn't matter
what server they are on.  Just a thought

James

rleong1 wrote:
> i believe it uses tls on port 5222 but you can use ssl on 5223
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> interesting, I had thought gtalk only used TLS  but SSL does open
it

> up.
>
>> Let me have a play and see what can be done
>> James
>> rleong1 wrote:
>>
>>> as a side note, i tried xap jabber with stunnel (
>>> http://www.stunnel.org ) - it didn't seem
to work.  maybe a short term

<james@> wrote:

> [...]
There are

>>> quite a

http queries,

>>> which

Switchboard and

enviroment
data from

> IM and

available

> on xAP

>>> so you

for example.
changes and to

at the

>>> bottom of

involve storing

>>> some

one for Four
presence and the

>>> other

presence change it

>>> does

current presence.

that.Even

>>> looking

meaningless list.

> provided

important to show

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------020700070607090901010502

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Hi,<br>
I've tried a few things and the library i'm using simply won't do it so
until i find a new one i'm stuck on getting it to connect to google
talk directly. I was thinking, why do you need to connect to google
talk at all?&nbsp; If you connect xJabber to any other jabber server,
jabber.org.uk for example you will be able to add it as a contact in
your google talk account. As long as both accounts are jabber/xmpp then
it doesn't matter what server they are on.&nbsp; Just a
thought<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">i believe it uses tls on port 5222 but you can
use ssl on 5223

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">interesting, I had thought gtalk only used TLS
 but SSL does open it
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->up.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Let me have a play and see what can be done
James
rleong1 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">as a side note, i tried xap jabber with
stunnel (
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.stunnel.org";>http://www.stunnel.org</a> ) - it
didn't seem to work.  maybe a short term
solution would be to get it working with stunnel if you don't want to
add ssl support into xap jabber?  i did connect to google chat using
stunnel and exodus pointing to stunnel instead of directly to
talk.google.com, as a proof of concept.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"rleong1" &lt;rleong1@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">how can i monitor a google calendar?  also,
will you be adding
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->support
</pre>
<pre wrap="">for google chat in xap jabber?

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor &lt;james@&gt; wrote:

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I have just upload to mi4.biz a new release of Four. There are

</pre>
<pre wrap="">quite a

</pre>
<pre wrap="">few new features as well as lots of bug fixes.
This new release adds these new features:

* Can run as a service
* Supports integration with other systems using http queries,

</pre>
<pre wrap="">which

</pre>
<pre wrap="">      works in a similar way to it's links
with Switchboard and

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Floorplan.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">    * Introduces the concept of people into
the xAP enviroment
* A persons presence is collected and merged from data from
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->IM and
</pre>
<pre wrap="">      Intranet Launchers. This is then
simplified to
Home,Work,Mobile,Unknown.
* This presence is displayed in the interface and available
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->on xAP
</pre>
<pre wrap="">      as a BSC device.
* Optionally, you can make this presence available on the web

</pre>
<pre wrap="">so you

</pre>
<pre wrap="">      could add the info to a blog/website.
* Can monitor an iCal calendar, Goolge Calendar for example.
* Calendar info is made available over xAP as BSC.
* Display and TTS alerts can be sent for presence changes and to
alert on calendar reminders.

an example of the, optional, web presence can be seen at the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">bottom of

</pre>
<pre wrap="">this page.
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=20";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=20</a>
It's worth pointing out how this works as it does involve storing

</pre>
<pre wrap="">some

</pre>
<pre wrap="">info on mi4.
3 guids are created by Four. Two for each person and one for Four
itself. One of the persons guids is used to read presence and the

</pre>
<pre wrap="">other

</pre>
<pre wrap="">is used to write presence. When Four detects a
presence change it

</pre>
<pre wrap="">does

</pre>
<pre wrap="">an Http call to mi4 including these GUIDs and
the current presence.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">This

</pre>
<pre wrap="">is all that is stored. No names,IPs or
anything like that.Even

</pre>
<pre wrap="">looking

</pre>
<pre wrap="">at the db reveals nothing as all you can see
is a meaningless list.
If you want you presence on a website then you use the link
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->provided
</pre>
<pre wrap="">which looks  like
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22";>http://mi4.biz/four/image.php?{C724F0A2-B3D0-4669-84D5-8E9652B1FB22</a>}
All of this is optional though but I though it important to show

</pre>
<pre wrap="">what it

</pre>
<pre wrap="">does before you use it!