Re: Cannot talk to Xap Jabber

Hi,

I ran some test here to see if i could replicate any issues and i don't
know if any of my notes of what i did may help, but this is what i did
Using Spark (jivesoftware.org)  I created an account on amessage.info
user name testing123
Closed spark
Open the settings of xAP Jabbers and entered

Server=amessage.info
User=testing123
Password=hello123
Allowed=james@xxxxxxx

I then ran xAP Jabber which connected
From Pandion ( pandion.be) which is my main client logged in as
james@mydomain , I added a user of testing123@xxxxxxx.  The user
subscribed automatically and xAP Jabber ( with logo) appeared online in
the roster and sending #help got a response.  I re-tried all that with a
new account on jabber.org.uk and got the same results

That fact that you're seeing the presence reported correctly in theory
means that all the settings are fine.
Could you try a couple of things.
Run a copy of Viewer on the network where xAP jabber is  and then send a
#help and see if any xAP message is sent. It may be because of a
character map issue that it doesn't correctly read the #  and any
message it doesn't recognise  it will forward to xAP. Assuming it does
show up as a message could you send me a copy of that message? Could you
let me know which clients you are using?
You mention that the Hi button sometimes sends to the work address,
does it always work to the home address?

James

(You can grab viewer here
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=41
)