RE: Trigger an output on TTS?

  • Subject: RE: Trigger an output on TTS?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:35:36 +0100

Further to that - the ExecX10 didn't change the status as I had
previously set it using a setDeviceStatus - this apparently stops an X10
command from changing the status value in the future. To get this working
again, you have to issue a -

setDeviceStatus "A1", clear

It worked OK after that.

So I've also got a HS script for turning the device on and off which works
OK and sets the correct status.

Ideally I'd still like to get BSC working properly, so I'll wait for James'
reply. Not sure if you can send a xAP message to HS to just trigger a HS
event? Wasn't clear from reading the old plugin docs on James' site.

Cheers,

Paul.

Behalf Of Paul Gale
> Sent: 23 October 2006 14:06
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
>
> I think I may have found the problem:
>
> Via scripting I tried using a setDeviceStatus - this changed the value
of
> the status OK to on/off but didn't actually change the device.
>
> I then tried an ExecX10 with on/off for my device, and this did
trigger
> the relay but DIDN'T change the status.
>
> Maybe I just don't understand the principals behind HS - it's a bit
cr*p
> that it's all still based on X10 although X10 is now such a small part
of
> what it does :(
>
> So - I'm guessing that the xAP HS plugin is only changing the status
text
> in HS but not triggering an ExecX10 or whatever else it needs to do to
> fire out the HV message.
>
> James???
>
> Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> > > Sent: 23 October 2006 12:30
> > > To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > > Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
> > >
> > > Well...  that's mostly looking good.  There are one or two
extra
> > > xAPBSC.infos being sent but they seem always correct in
value and the
> > > critical messages are the xAPBSC.events and they indicate
the HS
> device
> > > is updating and that is supported by the GUI displayed value
changing.
> > > I am not sure why this isn't being propogated to the device
itself
> > > though, which is a function of the HV plugin.  Could you try
updating
> > > the device from a script and seeing if it changes state OK.
 If so
> the
> > > workaround will be back to triggering the script on the TTS
start
> > > message, or adding a xAPBSC cmd message from SB to a new
'Russound
> > > Announce' HV device created form xAP. If it doesn't work
then it looks
> > > like a HV plugin issue which is supported via HomeSeer
direct.  James
> > > may have some thoughts too ??  It is possible the output is
being
> > > triggered off some other attribute of the device state
maybe.

> > > I did try updating my HS HV plugin to the current 2.0.6
version in
> > > HomeSeers' updater but it still doesn't work for me. I can't
get to a
> > > configuration dialog for the HV plugin at all and the log
shows Init
> I/O
> > > errors. . Do you see an orange button for configuration
alongside the
> HV
> > > plugin in HS Paul - if not how do you get the config screen
for the HV
> > > plugin? HS say it may be a separate window that is somehow
not being
> > > displayed on my system. I opened a support ticket with HS
for this a
> > > while back but they responded saying that the HV plugin was
an old
> (HS1)
> > > version, written in VB and may have issues with V2 - they
did try a
> > > small update which was 2.05 / 2.06 but that doesn't seem to
have fixed
> > > my issue. I have re-opened the support ticket again but I am
not
> hopeful
> > > on this one, and my focus ATM is on my embedded HV to C-Bus
controller
> > > that 'may' have some xAP support too, space permitting.

Even if the
> > > variable is the same?

results - either
> > > there's a bug with the HS xAP plugin or the device isn't
setup
> correctly
> > > or I've done something wrong! This is what I see:

> target=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger

> is
> > > already OFF:

source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger

source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger

source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger

produces the
> three
> > > messages but with the reversed states as I now guess is
correct?

> with
> > > the current state and vice versa with OFF

BUT the HV
> relay
> > > does not trigger! If I select ON/OFF from the HS Web Control
'Status'
> > > page, the relay does trigger OK.

change the status
> > but
> > > is not doing the next step and triggering the link to HV???

> > for
> > > an ON and OFF command. Should I send this to James - is this
one for
> him
> > > to look at?

moment to test this
> but
> > > if
the 'say'
> parameter
tts.stop block  -
> > ie
the device. Also
> it
> > > is
> the
trigger your
> script
see that the
> last

to listen for the
> TTS

something in
> > scripting

on selecting the

the raw mode:

volume, card etc -

intercept the
> > tts.stop

Behalf Of Kevin
> Hawkins
output on TTS?

the papers too !

anything you need in
xAP message (event) ,
> > make
else eg send xAP
> (action).

really but the 'script'
> > bit
> > > in
little stumped.    In
> > anything

xAP  getting familiar
> with
but very rewarding.  It
> > also
interactions that the
> software
could  create a HS device
> > from
script when it changes
> > state
thinking there's a
> neater
> > > way

HomeVision
> (relay>Russound)
HV output as a xAP BSC
> > > Binary
messages on your network ,

accordingly. The target address
> > will
Now within xAP
> > SwitchBoard
where you can add any
> > xAP
they will be sent in
find a file called
have already edited to

add a xAPBSC.cmd
> > message
> > > as
HV output to switch
> your
xAP message.  Now each
> > time,
get turned on, you
> will

is sent.  There may
> > still

fairly instantaneously
> > and

built and spoken so
> I'm
inherent delay to actually
> > make

the raw BSC cmd to
go ahead and create
> your
> > > BSC
address is I will show
> > you
test the BSC output
> with
> > > some
sure it's working as

state=toggle command
> rather
> > > than
state=off) - you should see
each command and your
> relay

message - you just
> need
address...  I have wildcarded
> > the

target=mi4.HomeSeer.PaulG.whatever:RussoundRelay

a relay to a HV output

it doesn't blow your

have a HV Pro though
> and