RE: Trigger an output on TTS?

  • Subject: RE: Trigger an output on TTS?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:34:57 +0100

There is also a [hspi_homevision] section in the settings.ini file -
but can't remember if this is legacy info or not - might be worth changing
these as well to your com port number?

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> Sent: 23 October 2006 12:30
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
>
> Well...  that's mostly looking good.  There are one or two extra
> xAPBSC.infos being sent but they seem always correct in value and the
> critical messages are the xAPBSC.events and they indicate the HS
device
> is updating and that is supported by the GUI displayed value changing.
> I am not sure why this isn't being propogated to the device itself
> though, which is a function of the HV plugin.  Could you try updating
> the device from a script and seeing if it changes state OK.   If so
the
> workaround will be back to triggering the script on the TTS start
> message, or adding a xAPBSC cmd message from SB to a new 'Russound
> Announce' HV device created form xAP. If it doesn't work then it looks
> like a HV plugin issue which is supported via HomeSeer direct.  James
> may have some thoughts too ??  It is possible the output is being
> triggered off some other attribute of the device state maybe.
>
> I did try updating my HS HV plugin to the current 2.0.6 version in
> HomeSeers' updater but it still doesn't work for me. I can't get to a
> configuration dialog for the HV plugin at all and the log shows Init
I/O
> errors. . Do you see an orange button for configuration alongside the
HV
> plugin in HS Paul - if not how do you get the config screen for the HV
> plugin? HS say it may be a separate window that is somehow not being
> displayed on my system. I opened a support ticket with HS for this a
> while back but they responded saying that the HV plugin was an old
(HS1)
> version, written in VB and may have issues with V2 - they did try a
> small update which was 2.05 / 2.06 but that doesn't seem to have fixed
> my issue. I have re-opened the support ticket again but I am not
hopeful
> on this one, and my focus ATM is on my embedded HV to C-Bus controller
> that 'may' have some xAP support too, space permitting.

> Paul Gale wrote:
> > So any update is based purely on the message timestamp? Even if
the
> variable is the same?
> >
> > I've now tested a bit further and am getting weird results -
either
> there's a bug with the HS xAP plugin or the device isn't setup
correctly
> or I've done something wrong! This is what I see:
> >
> > Using the xAP Message Sender app, I send:
> >
> > xap-header
> > {
> > v=12
> > hop=1
> > uid=FF123400
> > class=xAPBSC.cmd
> > source=ACME.Controller.Central

target=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger
> > }
> > output.state.1
> > {
> > ID=*
> > State=on
> > }
> >
> > This generates the following THREE messages in viewer if the
output is
> already OFF:
> >
> > xap-header
> > {
> >     v=12
> >     hop=1
> >     uid=FF414108
> >     class=xAPBSC.info
> >
> source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger
> > }
> > output.state
> > {
> >     state=OFF
> >     location=HomeVision Relays
> >     name=Russound Paging Trigger
> > }
> >
> > xap-header
> > {
> >     v=12
> >     hop=1
> >     uid=FF414108
> >     class=xAPBSC.event
> >
> source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger
> > }
> > output.state
> > {
> >     state=ON
> >     location=HomeVision Relays
> >     name=Russound Paging Trigger
> > }
> >
> > xap-header
> > {
> >     v=12
> >     hop=1
> >     uid=FF414108
> >     class=xAPBSC.info
> >
> source=mi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigger
> > }
> > output.state
> > {
> >     state=ON
> >     location=HomeVision Relays
> >     name=Russound Paging Trigger
> > }
> >
> > Sending the OFF message when the device is ON also produces the
three
> messages but with the reversed states as I now guess is correct?
> >
> > If I send an ON when it's already ON, I get a single info message
with
> the current state and vice versa with OFF
> >
> > The STATUS field in HS correctly updates with ON/OFF BUT the HV
relay
> does not trigger! If I select ON/OFF from the HS Web Control 'Status'
> page, the relay does trigger OK.
> >
> > So, it would seem that xAP is correctly working to change the
status but
> is not doing the next step and triggering the link to HV???
> >
> > I set the xAP HS plugin to debug mode and collected the cut down
log for
> an ON and OFF command. Should I send this to James - is this one for
> [...]
Also it
> is
> >> possible that none of those variables have actually changed
from the
> >> last time a tts.stop was received so you need to trigger your
script
> >> based on 'update' rather than 'change' - (you will see that
the last
> >> updated time changes each time)

> >> Stop message? Do I create a device or have to do something in
scripting
> >> etc?

selecting the

> >> mi4.speech.haserver device, I got the following in the raw
mode:

> >> guess I'm on the wrong track here? How do I just intercept
the tts.stop
> >> message each time and then do something?

papers too !

you need in
message (event) , make

> >> This