RE: Trigger an output on TTS?

  • Subject: RE: Trigger an output on TTS?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:07:59 +0100

Further to all this - I'm not sure the BSC device is working properly.
I ca=
n turn it on/off from the HS device list and the relay clicks over
properly=
and the Russound CAV triggers OK. BUT I get the following xAP message:

xap-header
{
v=3D12
hop=3D1
uid=3DFF414108
class=3DxAPBSC.info
source=3Dmi4.homeseer.haserver.94:HomeVisionRelays.RussoundPagingTrigge=
}
output.state
{
state=3DON
location=3DHomeVision Relays
name=3DRussound Paging Trigger
}

This message occurs whether I turn it ON or OFF i.e. I don=92t get a state=
=3DOFF message :( which I presume I should?

Paul.

Behalf Of Paul Gale
> Sent: 22 October 2006 14:23
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
>=20
> Oh, and the other bit I don't understand - how to listen for the TTS
Stop
> message? Do I create a device or have to do something in scripting
etc?
>=20
> At first I thought I could create a device but on selecting the
> mi4.speech.haserver device, I got the following in the raw mode:
>=20
> xap-header
> {
> v=3D12
> UID=3DFF234500
> Class=3Dtts.speak
> Source=3Dmi4.speech.HASERVER
> }
> tts.stop
> {
> volume=3D100
> card=3DkX Wave SB0240 10k2 [d080] 4/5
> say=3DEnter text to speak
> voice=3DNeoSpeech Paul
> }
>=20
> I could only select devices for the variables: volume, card etc - I
guess
> I'm on the wrong track here? How do I just intercept the tts.stop
message
> each time and then do something?
>=20
> Many thanks,
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> > Sent: 22 October 2006 13:43
> > To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
> >
> > Well it's afternoon just - and I've managed the papers too !
> >
> > First off HS will be able to achieve almost anything you need in
> > connection with xAP.  It can intercept any xAP message (event) ,
make
> > some decisions (script) and do something else eg send xAP
(action). Thi=
> > is the fundamental way all HA tasks work really but the 'script'
bit in
> > the middle is where most people get a little stumped.    In
anything bu=
> > the simplest HA setup, particularly with xAP  getting familiar
with a
> > scripting language is a necessary chore, but very rewarding.  It
also
> > helps where you need permutations of interactions that the
software
> > doesn't support out of the box. So you could  create a HS device
from
> > the xAP TTS start message and trigger a script when it changes
state to
> > link it to your HomeVision output but I'm thinking there's a
neater way
> > in this instance....
> >
> > First of all you should xAP enable the HomeVision
(relay>Russound)
> > output via HomeSeer. This will expose the HV output as a xAP BSC
Binary
> > output.  Now you can send xAPBSC.cmd messages on your network ,
targete=
> > at this and it will change state accordingly. The target address
will
> > actually be a HomeSeer address of course.  Now within xAP
SwitchBoard
> > there a very flexible feature (thanks J !) where you can add any
xAP
> > messages you want sent into a text file and they will be sent in
> > response to the appropriate event. You will find a file called
> > tosend.txt that in your case you probably have already edited to
includ=
> > a xAP TTS message.  What we will do here is add a xAPBSC.cmd
message as
> > the very first thing that gets sent to the HV output to switch
your
> > relay.  This will need adding as a 'raw' xAP message.  Now each
time,
> > just before the TTS is sent your relay will get turned on, you
will als=
> > later have to turn it off when the TTS stop is sent.  There may
still b=
> > a delay issue but the relay should change fairly instantaneously
and th=
> > TTS message has to be received, processed, built and spoken so
I'm
> > hopeful this will actually add enough inherent delay to actually
make i=
> > all work just as you want it.
> >
> > If you find it confusing as to how to add the raw BSC cmd to
> > SwitchBoards'  tosend.txt file then if you go ahead and create
your BSC
> > HV output in HS and let me know what it's address is I will show
you
> > what you need to add to the file.  Please test the BSC output
with some
> > BSC cmd messages sent using Viewer to make sure it's working as
expecte=
> > of course.  Easiest probably to use a  state=3Dtoggle command
rather th=
an
> > having to use two messages (state=3Don state=3Doff) - you should
see
> > corresponding xAPBSC.event messages for each command and your
relay
> > should click as it changes state of course.
> >
> > Here is the format of a generic xAPBSC./cmd message - you just
need to
> > edit the target line to match your address...  I have wildcarded
the ID=
=3D
> > parameter to make it easier .
> >
> > xap-header
> > {
> > v=3D12
> > hop=3D1
> > uid=3DFF123400
> > class=3DxAPBSC.cmd
> > source=3DACME.Controller.Central
> > target=3Dmi4.HomeSeer.PaulG.whatever:RussoundRelay
> > }
> > output.state.1
> > {
> > ID=3D*
> > State=3DTOGGLE
> > }
> >

> > Just another caveat - if you are attaching a relay to a HV output
ensur=
> > it has a protection diode across it so that it doesn't blow your
output=
.
> > The HV docs have details on this. IIRC you have a HV Pro though
and
> > these already have onboard relays with LED's so that it makes it
much
> > easier :-)

> > Paul Gale wrote:
> > > I shall wait until the effects have worn off then - hope the
headache
> > isn't too bad! ;)
> > >
> > > Paul.

 !   ;-)