RE: Trigger an output on TTS?

  • Subject: RE: Trigger an output on TTS?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:23:18 +0100

Oh, and the other bit I don't understand - how to listen for the TTS
Stop message? Do I create a device or have to do something in scripting
etc?

At first I thought I could create a device but on selecting the
mi4.speech.haserver device, I got the following in the raw mode:

xap-header
{
v=12
UID=FF234500
Class=tts.speak
Source=mi4.speech.HASERVER
}
tts.stop
{
volume=100
card=kX Wave SB0240 10k2 [d080] 4/5
say=Enter text to speak
voice=NeoSpeech Paul
}

I could only select devices for the variables: volume, card etc - I guess
I'm on the wrong track here? How do I just intercept the tts.stop message
each time and then do something?

Many thanks,

Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> Sent: 22 October 2006 13:43
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Trigger an output on TTS?
>
> Well it's afternoon just - and I've managed the papers too !
>
> First off HS will be able to achieve almost anything you need in
> connection with xAP.  It can intercept any xAP message (event) , make
> some decisions (script) and do something else eg send xAP (action).
This
> is the fundamental way all HA tasks work really but the 'script' bit
in
> the middle is where most people get a little stumped.    In anything
but
> the simplest HA setup, particularly with xAP  getting familiar with a
> scripting language is a necessary chore, but very rewarding.  It also
> helps where you need permutations of interactions that the software
> doesn't support out of the box. So you could  create a HS device from
> the xAP TTS start message and trigger a script when it changes state
> link it to your HomeVision output but I'm thinking there's a neater
way
> in this instance....
>
> First of all you should xAP enable the HomeVision (relay>Russound)
> output via HomeSeer. This will expose the HV output as a xAP BSC
Binary
> output.  Now you can send xAPBSC.cmd messages on your network ,
targeted
> at this and it will change state accordingly. The target address will
> actually be a HomeSeer address of course.  Now within xAP SwitchBoard
> there a very flexible feature (thanks J !) where you can add any xAP
> messages you want sent into a text file and they will be sent in
> response to the appropriate event. You will find a file called
> tosend.txt that in your case you probably have already edited to
include
> a xAP TTS message.  What we will do here is add a xAPBSC.cmd message
as
> the very first thing that gets sent to the HV output to switch your
> relay.  This will need adding as a 'raw' xAP message.  Now each time,
> just before the TTS is sent your relay will get turned on, you will
also
> later have to turn it off when the TTS stop is sent.  There may still
be
> a delay issue but the relay should change fairly instantaneously and
the
> TTS message has to be received, processed, built and spoken so I'm
> hopeful this will actually add enough inherent delay to actually make
it
> all work just as you want it.
>
> If you find it confusing as to how to add the raw BSC cmd to
> SwitchBoards'  tosend.txt file then if you go ahead and create your
BSC
> HV output in HS and let me know what it's address is I will show you
> what you need to add to the file.  Please test the BSC output with
some
> BSC cmd messages sent using Viewer to make sure it's working as
expected
> of course.  Easiest probably to use a  state=toggle command rather
than
> having to use two messages (state=on state=off) - you should see
> corresponding xAPBSC.event messages for each command and your relay
> should click as it changes state of course.
>
> Here is the format of a generic xAPBSC./cmd message - you just need to
> edit the target line to match your address...  I have wildcarded the
ID=
> parameter to make it easier .
>
> xap-header
> {
> v=12
> hop=1
> uid=FF123400
> class=xAPBSC.cmd
> source=ACME.Controller.Central
> target=mi4.HomeSeer.PaulG.whatever:RussoundRelay
> }
> output.state.1
> {
> ID=*
> State=TOGGLE
> }
>

> Just another caveat - if you are attaching a relay to a HV output
ensure
> it has a protection diode across it so that it doesn't blow your
output.
> The HV docs have details on this. IIRC you have a HV Pro though and
> these already have onboard relays with LED's so that it makes it much
> easier :-)

> Paul Gale wrote:
> > I shall wait until the effects have worn off then - hope the
headache
> isn't too bad! ;)
> >
> > Paul.

;-)