Re: jabber & yahoo

  • Subject: Re: jabber & yahoo
  • From: "rleong1" <rleong1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:56:30 -0000

i've given up on the wildfire server for now since it constantly
disconnects from yahoo. now i'm trying to connect through a public
server w/ yahoo transports.  i can talk to the bot from my yahoo
client (#settings, #help, etc) and it answers back.  but it doesn't
seem to relay xpl messages (i have floorplan translating to xap) to my
yahoo client.

i have turned on logging and get this (trying to send 'hello' via xpl
sender)

<message from='xyzhouse@xxxxxxx/mi4' to='xyzhouse@xxxxxxx'/>

<message type="headline"
to="yahoo.localhost/registered"><body>hello

<message type="headline"
to="xyzyahoo@xxxxxxx"><body>hello

<message type='error' to='xyzhouse@xxxxxxx/mi4'
from='yahoo.localhost/registered'><body>hello
code='501'>Not Implemented</error></message>

---

my settings.txt file has these xUsers settings:
xUser=yahoo.localhost/registered,5,,True
xUser=xyzyahoo@xxxxxxx,5,,True

if i run with my local wildfire server, the messages pass through.

my settings for my local server is:
xUser=xyzyahoo@xxxxxxx,5,,True
xUser=yahoo.home,5,,True

but when running local, the 1st message (to yahoo.home) goes through
unlike the message above to yahoo.localhost/registered, which gets the
not implemented error.

any thoughts?

In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:

> xAP Jabber is a conduit. It sends and receives whatever it receives or
> sends. So your below message would be a message sent from Wildfire,
> which it is just translating to xAP. Now it may be that a certain
> message from xAP Jabber is stating this sequence or something for
Yahoo