Re: Re: Vague request regarding BSC Mapper perhaps

--------------040807090004060908000104

Excellent, I'm glad you got on with Floorplan.

The schema for max volume is here: ( down the bottom)
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17
So in Floorplan you would send raw xAP message for this as it's not
covered by one of the templates. ( there is a raw xAP option in the list
of autoscripts)

Multiple sound cards, unfortunately not. At the moment Speech uses a
single speech channel and switches it between voices and sound cards. I
would like to make it have a separate speech channel for each sound
card, but that's a way off. For now you'll have to send the messages in
sequence

James

rb_ziggy wrote:
> James
>
> I tried out Floorplan with the autoscripts and it worked a dream.
> Instructions were spot on so thanks again for this.
>
> Of course, it raised another question or two as I downloaded and
> installed xAP Speech 1.3:
>
> - Does this version have the ability to set in the application the max
> volume level (i.e. independent of the xAP message)?  It sounded from
> the description that it might but I couldnt see a way in the config
> file or otherwise.)
>
> - Can it output to multiple soundcards (e.g. lounge AND dining room)?
>
> (Running as a service version is a really useful new feature.)
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "rb_ziggy"
> <richard.boreham@...> wrote:
>
>> Ah I did wonder! Many thanks for putting me straight James :-)
>>
>> It looks like I'll be off to give Floorplan a test drive then.
>>
>> (I had hoped to do something similar with XLobby itself in that,
in
>> theory, I should have been able to get an incoming xAP message to
>> trigger another event that could have sent a TTS message out.
Problem
>> was, I couldnt get it to trigger the internal even for some
reason.)

>> However, I particularly like the sound of the ability to get a bit
>> more time intelligent in the scripting.  Should keep me busy for a
bit.

>> Thanks
>>
>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>  Right idea, wrong app ;-)
>>> BSC mapper is designed to link devices that use the BSC
schema. A

>> simple
>>
>>> example would be to link a light switch to a light build,
>>>
>> xAPnetiom>X10 etc.
>>
>>> What you are after is something with a little more flexibility
>>>
> deal
>
>>> with any schema. HomeSeer, Floorplan and Misterhouse come to
mind.
>>> In Floorplan ( other apps are similar) you would create two
raw xAP
>>> devices with the following details
>>> ----------------------------------
>>> Alias=New Mail Subject
>>> Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
>>> Class=mail.incoming.new
>>> Section=message
>>> Item=subject
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> Alias=New Mail From
>>> Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
>>> Class=mail.incoming.new
>>> Section=message
>>> Item=from
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Now create a new auto script called 'NewEmail'
>>> Select Text to Speech from the list
>>> in the Phrase to say box enter  'New email from %%New Mail
From%%

> about
>
>>> %%New Mail Subject%%'
>>> Click Update
>>>
>>> Now you have the components you just need to link them.  Go
back

> to the
>
>>> New Mail Subect raw device and in the drop down list 'Script
>>>
> run on
>
>>> update' select '.newemail'.
>>>
>>> Now new email will be converted and spoken.  This is just a
simple
>>> example. You can get more complicated and use a normal script
rather
>>> than the auto script and could then program more rules to
follow,

> like
>
>>> only speak before 10pm or with a bit more work, only speak
before

> 10pm
>
>>> and only if the phone is on the hook.
>>>
>>> The latest versions of the xapframework apps I have are on the
>>> applications page on mi4.biz
>>>
>>> hth
>>>
>>> James

XLobby display

> speech

> completely the

> places but

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------040807090004060908000104

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Excellent, I'm glad you got on with Floorplan.<br>
The schema for max volume is here: ( down the bottom)<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=17";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=17</a><br>
So in Floorplan you would send raw xAP message for this as it's not
covered by one of the templates. ( there is a raw xAP option in the
list of autoscripts)<br>
Multiple sound cards, unfortunately not. At the moment Speech uses a
single speech channel and switches it between voices and sound cards. I
would like to make it have a separate speech channel for each sound
card, but that's a way off. For now you'll have to send the messages in
sequence<br>
James<br>
rb_ziggy wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">James

I tried out Floorplan with the autoscripts and it worked a dream.
Instructions were spot on so thanks again for this.

Of course, it raised another question or two as I downloaded and
installed xAP Speech 1.3:

- Does this version have the ability to set in the application the max
volume level (i.e. independent of the xAP message)?  It sounded from
the description that it might but I couldnt see a way in the config
file or otherwise.)

- Can it output to multiple soundcards (e.g. lounge AND dining room)?

(Running as a service version is a really useful new feature.)

Thanks

Richard

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"rb_ziggy"
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:richard.boreham@...";>&lt;richard.boreham@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Ah I did wonder! Many thanks for putting me
straight James :-)

It looks like I'll be off to give Floorplan a test drive then.

(I had hoped to do something similar with XLobby itself in that, in
theory, I should have been able to get an incoming xAP message to
trigger another event that could have sent a TTS message out. Problem
was, I couldnt get it to trigger the internal even for some reason.)

However, I particularly like the sound of the ability to get a bit
more time intelligent in the scripting.  Should keep me busy for a bit.

Thanks

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James &lt;james@&gt; wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,
Right idea, wrong app ;-)
BSC mapper is designed to link devices that use the BSC schema. A
</pre>
<pre wrap="">simple
</pre>
<pre wrap="">example would be to link a light switch to a
light build,
</pre>
<pre wrap="">xAPnetiom&gt;X10 etc.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">What you are after is something with a little
more flexibility to
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->deal
</pre>
<pre wrap="">with any schema. HomeSeer, Floorplan and
Misterhouse come to mind.
In Floorplan ( other apps are similar) you would create two raw xAP
devices with the following details
----------------------------------
Alias=New Mail Subject
Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
Class=mail.incoming.new
Section=message
Item=subject
-----------------------------------
Alias=New Mail From
Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
Class=mail.incoming.new
Section=message
Item=from
------------------------------------

Now create a new auto script called 'NewEmail'
Select Text to Speech from the list
in the Phrase to say box enter  'New email from %%New Mail From%%
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->about
</pre>
<pre wrap="">%%New Mail Subject%%'
Click Update

Now you have the components you just need to link them.  Go back
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->to the
</pre>
<pre wrap="">New Mail Subect raw device and in the drop
down list 'Script to
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->run on
</pre>
<pre wrap="">update' select '.newemail'.

Now new email will be converted and spoken.  This is just a  simple
example. You can get more complicated and use a normal script rather
than the auto script and could then program more rules to follow,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->like
</pre>
<pre wrap="">only speak before 10pm or with a bit more
work, only speak before
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->10pm
</pre>
<pre wrap="">and only if the phone is on the hook.

The latest versions of the xapframework apps I have are on the
applications page on mi4.biz

hth

James

rb_ziggy wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Vague title as I'm not quite sure what
question to ask...

I've just got the POP3 monitor application up and running and the
title of a new mail message now neatly appears on my XLobby display
via the XL xAP plugin.  However I'd like to announce the message as
well on xap speech (which is also running fine and I use for various
things).

(All this as a workaround to picking up the phone - its amazing how
often the phone is engaged these days!)

However I'm not sure how to translate a new email message to a
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->speech
</pre>
<pre wrap="">message.  Is this where BSC mapper comes in or
am I up
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->completely the
</pre>
<pre wrap="">wrong tree?

If so, where can I get a latest version from please? (I checked out
the xapautomation.org site and a number of the other usual
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->places but
</pre>
<pre wrap="">can't find a valid link or more info.