Re: Vague request regarding BSC Mapper perhaps

  • Subject: Re: Vague request regarding BSC Mapper perhaps
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:06:34 -0000

James

I tried out Floorplan with the autoscripts and it worked a dream.
Instructions were spot on so thanks again for this.

Of course, it raised another question or two as I downloaded and
installed xAP Speech 1.3:

- Does this version have the ability to set in the application the max
volume level (i.e. independent of the xAP message)?  It sounded from
the description that it might but I couldnt see a way in the config
file or otherwise.)

- Can it output to multiple soundcards (e.g. lounge AND dining room)?

(Running as a service version is a really useful new feature.)

Thanks

Richard

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "rb_ziggy"
<richard.boreham@...> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Hi,
> >  Right idea, wrong app ;-)
> > BSC mapper is designed to link devices that use the BSC schema. A
> simple
> > example would be to link a light switch to a light build,
> xAPnetiom>X10 etc.
> > What you are after is something with a little more flexibility to
deal
> > with any schema. HomeSeer, Floorplan and Misterhouse come to
mind.
> > In Floorplan ( other apps are similar) you would create two raw
xAP
> > devices with the following details
> > ----------------------------------
> > Alias=New Mail Subject
> > Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
> > Class=mail.incoming.new
> > Section=message
> > Item=subject
> > -----------------------------------
> > Alias=New Mail From
> > Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
> > Class=mail.incoming.new
> > Section=message
> > Item=from
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Now create a new auto script called 'NewEmail'
> > Select Text to Speech from the list
> > in the Phrase to say box enter  'New email from %%New Mail From%%
about
> > %%New Mail Subject%%'
> > Click Update
> >
> > Now you have the components you just need to link them.  Go back
to the
> > New Mail Subect raw device and in the drop down list 'Script to
run on
> > update' select '.newemail'.
> >
> > Now new email will be converted and spoken.  This is just a
simple
> > example. You can get more complicated and use a normal script
rather
> > than the auto script and could then program more rules to follow,
like
> > only speak before 10pm or with a bit more work, only speak before
10pm
> > and only if the phone is on the hook.
> >
> > The latest versions of the xapframework apps I have are on the
> > applications page on mi4.biz
> >
> > hth
> >
> > James
> >

> > rb_ziggy wrote:
> > > Vague title as I'm not quite sure what question to ask...
> > >
> > > I've just got the POP3 monitor application up and running
and the
> > > title of a new mail message now neatly appears on my XLobby
display
> > > via the XL xAP plugin.  However I'd like to announce the
message as
> > > well on xap speech (which is also running fine and I use for
various
> > > things).
> > >
> > > (All this as a workaround to picking up the phone - its
amazing how
> > > often the phone is engaged these days!)
> > >
> > > However I'm not sure how to translate a new email message to
speech