Re: Vague request regarding BSC Mapper perhaps

Hi,
Right idea, wrong app ;-)
BSC mapper is designed to link devices that use the BSC schema. A simple
example would be to link a light switch to a light build, xAPnetiom>X10
etc.
What you are after is something with a little more flexibility to deal
with any schema. HomeSeer, Floorplan and Misterhouse come to mind.
In Floorplan ( other apps are similar) you would create two raw xAP
devices with the following details
----------------------------------
Alias=New Mail Subject
Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
Class=mail.incoming.new
Section=message
Item=subject
-----------------------------------
Alias=New Mail From
Source=kcsoft.pop3.server
Class=mail.incoming.new
Section=message
Item=from
------------------------------------

Now create a new auto script called 'NewEmail'
Select Text to Speech from the list
in the Phrase to say box enter  'New email from %%New Mail From%% about
%%New Mail Subject%%'
Click Update

Now you have the components you just need to link them.  Go back to the
New Mail Subect raw device and in the drop down list 'Script to run on
update' select '.newemail'.

Now new email will be converted and spoken.  This is just a  simple
example. You can get more complicated and use a normal script rather
than the auto script and could then program more rules to follow, like
only speak before 10pm or with a bit more work, only speak before 10pm
and only if the phone is on the hook.

The latest versions of the xapframework apps I have are on the
applications page on mi4.biz

hth

James