Re: xAP Plug-in for SlimServer beta release

  • Subject: Re: xAP Plug-in for SlimServer beta release
  • From: "g8kmh" <lehane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:46:41 -0000

I've just confirmed the problem is due to the messages having no
target= line in the header.

A kludge, pending Edward having a look, is to add the following code
to the routine _process_incoming_xap_data in comm.pm

if (!($$xap_data{'xap-header'}{target})) {
$$xap_data{'xap-header'}{target} = ">:>";
}

above this line in the code

$target   = $$xap_data{'xap-header'}{target};

Works then but I haven't checked for other side effects.

Lehane
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

> Also ..the Slim conduit requires a target line be present in the
header

> eg
> Target=*.>
> Target=*.*.*
> Target=*.>:<playername>
> Target=>:>
>

> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF376600
>     class=xap-osd.display
>     source=UKUSA.HomeVision.engine
>     target=>:>
> }
> display.slimp3
> {
>     Line1=HomeVision Macro Control
>     Line2=X10: Bathroom Lamps Off
>     Duration=20
> }
>
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF376600
>     class=message.display
>     source=UKUSA.HomeVision.engine
>     target=>:>
> }
> display.text
> {
>     Line1=HomeVision Macro Control
>     Line2=X10: Bathroom Lamps ON
>     Priority=1
> }
>

>    ..  untargeted messages are not displayed, this may be a difference
> in behaviour to the previous SlimConduit, and is a 'debateable' issue
> ... ( I prefer it this way )
>
>    Kevin
>

> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> >
> > Ian - could you just post a copy of the exact xAP message that is
not
> > being displayed, (copy/pasted from Viewer), I'll try it here.
> >
> > cheers K
> >
> > Ian_Tickle wrote:
> > >
> > > What I still can't get to work is the
> > > display of xap messages on my squeezebox (version 2).
> > > I am using xap hub, xap weather, xap news, mail monitor and
xap OSD
> > > for mail programs, all running on the same pc as slimserver.
However
> > > when the squeezebox is in standby displaying date and time,
I no
> > > longer get periodic displays of news headlines, weather or
my
mail. If
> > > I run up the old slimserver connector (windows version) it
will all
> > > work again ok (at least for a day or so, before stopping).
> > >
> > > As the plugin stands, will it automatically allow xap
display
messages