RE: Re: Re: XAP Intranet

  • Subject: RE: Re: Re: XAP Intranet
  • From: neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:36:55 +0100

<HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY >

<P>It's been a while since I did any asp... </P>
<P>At the moment, I do not allow the ports of floorplan / switchboard
etc out through my firewall, however it is occasionaly useful and using a
webserver such as IIS that will handle security would be a good
thing.</P>
<P>I would need to know the availble calls to the component inorder
to start displaying things, this is an example i pulled off the web
regarding using an object in asp and vb</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<P>&lt;%<BR>Set SMTP =
Server.CreateObject("AOSMTP.Mail")<FONT color=green>'create
com object</FONT><BR><FONT color=green>'If you don't
specify a smtp server,<BR>'ansmtp smtp component would simulate a
smtp server to send email
automatically</FONT><BR>SMTP.ServerAddr =
"control.component.com" <FONT color=green>'email
server</FONT><BR>SMTP.FromAddr = "John@xxxxxxx"
<FONT color=green>'sender's email
address</FONT><BR>SMTP.AddRecipient "Dennis",
"Dennis@xxxxxxx", 0 <FONT color=green>'add an email
recipient</FONT><BR>SMTP.BodyFormat = 1 <FONT
color=green>'html format</FONT><BR>SMTP.Subject = "send
email in asp and vbscript" <FONT color=green>'email
subject</FONT><BR>SMTP.BodyText
="&lt;html&gt;...." <FONT color=green>'email
body</FONT><BR><BR>If SMTP.SendMail() = 0 T
hen <FONT color=green>'send email</FONT><BR>&nbsp;
Response.write "Email
delivered"<BR>Else<BR>&nbsp; Response.write
SMTP.GetLastErrDescription<BR>End
If<BR>%&gt;</P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P dir=ltr>This was the same sample but in VB</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<P dir=ltr><FONT color=#008000>'This sample demonstrates how to
send email in Visual Basic</FONT><BR>Dim SMTP As
Object<BR>Set SMTP = CreateObject("AOSMTP.Mail") <FONT
color=green>'create com object</FONT><BR><FONT
color=green>'If you don't specify a smtp server,<BR>'ansmtp smtp
component would simulate a smtp server to send email
automatically</FONT><BR>SMTP.ServerAddr =
"smtp.component.com" <FONT color=green>'email
server</FONT><BR>SMTP.FromAddr = "Asp@xxxxxxx"
<FONT color=green>'sender' email
address</FONT><BR>SMTP.AddRecipient "Dennis",
"Dennis@xxxxxxx", 0 <FONT color=green>'add an email
recipient</FONT><BR>SMTP.BodyFormat = 1 <FONT
color=green>'html format</FONT><BR>SMTP.Subject = "send
email in Visual Basic" <FONT color=green>'email
subject</FONT><BR>SMTP.BodyText ="&lt;html&
amp;gt;...." <FONT color=green>'email
body</FONT><BR><BR>If SMTP.SendMail() = 0 Then <FONT
color=green>'send email</FONT><BR>&nbsp; MsgBox
"Email delivered", vbOKOnly, "ANSMTP COM
Object"<BR>Else<BR>&nbsp; MsgBox
SMTP.GetLastErrDescription, vbOKOnly, "ANSMTP COM
Object"<BR>End If<BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P dir=ltr>I found those references here: <A href="http://www.emailarchitect.net/smtpOTpo-5-08.htm";>http://www.emailarchitect.net/smtpOTpo-5-08.htm</A></P>
<P dir=ltr>Don't know if that helps at all?</P>
<P dir=ltr>I'd be happy to try and knock up some basic asp pages but
would need to know the component properties...</P>
<P dir=ltr>Thanks</P>
<P dir=ltr>Neil</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<TABLE>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width=5 bgColor=blue>&nbsp;</TD>
<TD><BR>I don't know of a way of using IIS with vb like this so
if any one has got any suggestions.<BR>In theory you could make a
.asp page with a createobject(floorplan.control)&nbsp; type syntax but
again not sure how it links to the main app.<BR><BR>I'm open to
suggestions or pointers!<BR><BR>J<BR><BR>rleong1
wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>i agree.  it's definitely better from another
machine.

--- In <A href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</A>,
Neil Frost <A href="mailto:neil@...";>&lt;neil@...&gt;</A>
wrote:
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>No, there is no real pattern, and it seems to
work better remotely
rather than on the host. (BTW I'm using Trend Server Protect on the
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>server)
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>Is there any way to use IIS as the web server?

James Traynor wrote:
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>I have noticed this happening occasionally
too. I have never seen a
pattern though. The only time i did find it happen repeat ably was
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>when
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>AVAST antivirus became very slow at scanning
files and the delay
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>caused
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>the files not to be served correctly. I have
found that if it happens
it's best not to refresh the page but click on link, seems to fix it
straight away.

James

Neil Frost wrote:

</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>Hi All,

I seem to be having problems with XAPIntranet apps...

When I open any of the apps, I occasionally get horizontal lines
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>down
</PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE><PRE>the screen, or partially loaded pages with
some html code visible...

Any ideas?

I believe I have the latest ocx.

Neil