RE: xAP Floorplan

James <mailto:james@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> The web server that Floorplan uses is the Intranet ocx and
> the one included in the current build of Floorplan is a
> little old. If you grab the latest and replace the one in you
> system32 you should finding it serving pages much better.  I
> do find Firefox loads the pages far better and is also not
> effected by the memory leaks of IE when dealing with ajax
> pages, like the Ping, Floorplan and Switchboard main pages.
> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=3DContent&pa=3Dshowpage&pid=3D39

Good call.  I've just upgraded the OCX (simply cut and pasted it), and
during the quick play I just had, it worked perfectly.

> The toggle problem is usually on that duplicate xAP toggle
> messages are being sent. This can occur when the xAP hub gets
> bound to multiple network cards. You mentioned GSX is loaded
> and the virtual nics that it loads would cause the issuse.
> It's easily fixed though by a couple of additional lines in
> the hub's config file. A how to is available here:
>=20
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/message/563

The virtual machine that has Floorplan (and the hub) installed has only
one interface (virtual, of course).  The host has a number of
interfaces, but these are just for binding the vitual machines to the
physical adapter.  I'll have a play around, and see what I can come up
with.  Thanks for the speedy reply, and really quite helpful
suggestions!

Cheers,
Andy