RE: xAP Floorplan

I've always had problems with all of the xAP Intranet based apps not
loadin=
g the occasional image - I have mentioned this to James a while back but
st=
ill seeing it - mainly in the apps I use such as Switchboard and Ping.

Wasn't sure if it was my server though - but it's not too overloaded.

Paul.

Behalf Of Andy Laurence
> Sent: 17 May 2006 22:08
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xap_automation] xAP Floorplan
>=20
> I've finally got round to getting Floorplan up and running at home.  I
> have a clean build of WinXP Pro with all the required updates,
> includingt SP2.  I've not bothered with optional updates like Windows
> Media Player, aside from the required .NET Framework (v1.1).  The
> machine is actually virtual, and running on VMWare GSX.  I've
installed
> the latest xAP hub (service), which I downloaded from MI4.biz, and
> followed that with the installation of the latest Floorplan.  I booted
> my xAP NetIOM, which was instantly picked up by Floorplan.  I tried a
> sample floorplan, and added an input and an output from the NetIOM to
> the map.  I can now turn on the output of the NetIOM from Floorplan,
and
> see input events too.
>=20
> I next tried a link between one input and an output.  I set it to
> toggle, which I thought would change the state of the output each time
> the button was pressed.  What actually happens is that the light turns
> on for a second, and turns off again.  Is this expected behaviour?
What
> I'm trying to achieve is a very cheap lighting system, using the
inputs
> of the NetIOM with momentary switches for the light switches, and the
> outputs connected to relays to turn the lights on and off (by
operating
> the switched live).  Does this sound possible?
>=20
> As a secondary query, I've noticed that the pages for Floorplan don't
> always load properly in IE6.  I've not tried another browser, and I
> expect Firefox would not exhibit that issue.  It's utterly frustrating
> to continually refresh when trying to configure Floorplan.  Selecting
> the device consistently gives a 404 error, which resolves itself after
> single refresh.  Restarting Floorplan seems to make it better.  Does
> anyone else have this problem?
>=20
> I'm really looking forward to these first few steps into my autmated
> home.  The AV system is taking shape, and once I have this solved,
I'll