xAP Floorplan

I've finally got round to getting Floorplan up and running at home.  I
have a clean build of WinXP Pro with all the required updates,
includingt SP2.  I've not bothered with optional updates like Windows
Media Player, aside from the required .NET Framework (v1.1).  The
machine is actually virtual, and running on VMWare GSX.  I've installed
the latest xAP hub (service), which I downloaded from MI4.biz, and
followed that with the installation of the latest Floorplan.  I booted
my xAP NetIOM, which was instantly picked up by Floorplan.  I tried a
sample floorplan, and added an input and an output from the NetIOM to
the map.  I can now turn on the output of the NetIOM from Floorplan, and
see input events too.

I next tried a link between one input and an output.  I set it to
toggle, which I thought would change the state of the output each time
the button was pressed.  What actually happens is that the light turns
on for a second, and turns off again.  Is this expected behaviour?  What
I'm trying to achieve is a very cheap lighting system, using the inputs
of the NetIOM with momentary switches for the light switches, and the
outputs connected to relays to turn the lights on and off (by operating
the switched live).  Does this sound possible?

As a secondary query, I've noticed that the pages for Floorplan don't
always load properly in IE6.  I've not tried another browser, and I
expect Firefox would not exhibit that issue.  It's utterly frustrating
to continually refresh when trying to configure Floorplan.  Selecting
the device consistently gives a 404 error, which resolves itself after a
single refresh.  Restarting Floorplan seems to make it better.  Does
anyone else have this problem?

I'm really looking forward to these first few steps into my autmated
home.  The AV system is taking shape, and once I have this solved, I'll
have the basis for my lighting.  That's two big milestones.

Cheers,
Andy