Re: Help with xAPPing and display

  • Subject: Re: Help with xAPPing and display
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 22:27:04 -0000

Paul

As always I guess there are many ways to do this

Assuming you configure your websites in xAP Ping, this can generate=20
messages with the status.
The config would be something like this

Name    www.mi4.biz
Description    A xAP Website=20
Type   Ping

--------------------
=20
IP Address/Web Page   83.142.28.98=20
or Host Name=20=20=20=20
Check Interval    360
RTT bad Level   100

--------------------
=20
Group    Network
Map   None
Custom success image   None=20
Custom warning image   None=20
Custom fail image   None=20
Custom unknown image   None=20
Send Email alerts   No
Send xAP alerts   No
Send SMS alerts   No
Log Results   No
Include in Ping.Status Yes

The message will be something like this:-

xap-header
{
v=3D12
hop=3D1
uid=3DFF456200
class=3DPing.Status
source=3Dmi4.ping.XAPBOX2
}
Ping.Results
{
gatelock=3DSuccess
wap b2=3DSuccess
xapbox2=3DSuccess
mail=3DSuccess
wma11_1=3DFail
wap g=3DSuccess
cd server=3DSuccess
lcd pc=3DSuccess
sbc=3DSuccess
nebula=3DSuccess
k9=3DSuccess
eserver=3DSuccess
hp4000=3DSuccess
}

Once you have  this you can then create a display in xAP Desktop=20
which will show the results

I created something similar to the display you describe and I am=20
sending it to you off list

Kevin T

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...>=20
wrote:

> Can someone give me some pointers how to achieve the following:
>=20
> I want to setup xAPPing to ping several web sites and and IP the=20
other side of my router to check when my ADSL Max connections go=20
down. I'd like to display this info in a small, simple box on=20
screen =96 maybe just red/green circles with simple text underneath. I=20
presume I'd need to use Desktop for this?