Re: Xap slimserver connector

Hi Martin

The number of SlimServer 'latest' versions is huge with 6.2=20=20=20
6.2.1    6.2.2    6.3 and 6.5 (many versions) all out there and a build=20
number associated with each which now shows in the webpage at the bottom=20
of the server settings.  I am using 6.5b1 - 6781 for example.  I think=20
the current official release is 6.2.2 maybe which I haven't tried.
Many changes have been made in these versions as they moved to a=20
different database model and many things appear/disappear/break=20
overnight in the nightly builds.  The xAP SlimServer conduit was=20
originally written around V5 of the server software and I use it happily=20
with version 6's but with occasional strange results depending on the=20
particular build of SlimServer - and on quite which features you are=20
wanting and from what server.   The standard transport controls, event=20
messages and OSD seem fine but the library interaction can be weird as=20
the whole way the new CLI returns data has been changed.  Once (if) the=20
new CLI is formalised and frozen it should be possible to define better=20
what is working and what if anything may be broken. There are=20
undoubtedly some great new features offered by the new CLI though,=20
including the DB queries with chunk/sized replies

Give it a try and see...  and let us know the results...

Kevin

PS Still hunting for the 'installer' for the '17' version

Martin Wonders wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>=20=20
> Thanks, that would be great, it's the latest version of the slim
server.
>=20=20
> Best Regards
>=20=20
> Martin
>=20=20
>
> /Martin Campbell-Wonders  MSc, BEng(Hons), PgD, MIET, CCNA, CCND, MCP/
> /Lecturer/
> /School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences/
> /Northumbria University/
> /Newcastle upon Tyne
> NE1 8ST
> Tel: (0191) 2048831
> Mob: 07904899035/

Behalf Of *Kevin Hawkins
>     *Sent:* 04 May 2006 01:45
>     *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>     *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] Xap slimserver connector
>
>     Hi Martin - I see Kevin T sent you a version 1.2.8.14 - I have a
>     Windows service version 1.2.8.17 installed here - tomorrow when I
>     have more time I'll see if I can dig out the installer for it and
>     send it you. What version of SlimServer are you running ?
>
>     Kevin T wrote:
>     >
>     > Replied with zip off list (v1.2.8.14)
>     >