Re: Installing axc - need help

Quoting Paul Gale (3/23/06 12:59 PM):
> Running the ps command, I got an error - user name does not exist
>
> Running the axc.pl from the command line seems to hold up for a short
while then fails.

> The axs.log does not exist and never seems to have. Is this a problem
with the config or something else? OR - does it get deleted at some stage?

> The tail shows:
>
> [root@asterisk1 axc]# tail -f axc.log
> INFO (::init) Completed initialization
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP send socket on port 3639
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP listen socket on port 49153
> INFO (::init) Completed initialization
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP send socket on port 3639
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP listen socket on port 49153
> INFO (::init) Completed initialization
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP send socket on port 3639
> INFO (xAP::Comm): Created xAP listen socket on port 49154
> INFO (::init) Completed initialization

The only way that the above could ever occur is if you are running
multiple instances of axc--which would definitely cause lots of
problems.  You need to be certain that you don't start a new axc process
if there are existing ones.  The reason for what appears to be multiple
ports is that you have multiple axc processes running.  It is important
that you kill all of the duplicate processes as they will create
problems for you.  I will add some form of process "lock" (e.g.,
use of
pid file) to try to keep this sort of thing happening in the future.
Until then, you'll need to ensure that only one axc instance is ever
running.

Gregg