Re: Installing axc - need help

Hi Paul,

Quoting Paul Gale (3/23/06 12:35 PM):
> Looking at xAP Viewer on another PC - I initially saw the axc entry
> and a few heartbeats and CTI messages - but after a while, axc
> stopped sending anything. The log was empty. Maybe it crashed?
>
> How can I tell?

For the time being (while you are working through getting it set up). I
would suggest manually starting up axc and continuously watching the log.

First, check to see if axc is running like this:

ps -aux  grep axc

You should see 2 lines--one for the "grep" and the other if axc
is running.

If it's not running, then invoke it manually as follows:

cd /usr/share/axc (or whereever you have it installed)
./axc.pl &

It should now be running.  You can continuously monitor the output of
the log by "tailing" the log like so:

tail -f axc.log

FWIW: I've never seen axc leak memory (conceivable it's possible,
but...).  Also, I've never seen it dump core.  So, if it quits, it's
likely due to encountering a problem possibly related to the conf file
and should issue warnings or errors to the log.

Something to consider operationally, is to relocate the output of your
log file to a partition that won't be a problem if it fills up (as the
log doesn't yet rotate or cleanup).  I have mine directed to
/tmp/axc.log and it's as simple as changing the path in the conf file.
Of course, it won't matter if you don't have /tmp on a separate partition.

Gregg