Re: Re: Serial Bridge.

--------------030408040103020808010308

For a device without any sub devices the UID must end 00 .
so the hbeat should be

xap-hbeat
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF000100
class=xap-hbeat.alive
source=Rocket.Bridge.One
interval=60
port=3639
}

If you did have sub devices then the first subdevice would have a uid of
ff000101 and a source of rocket.bridge.one:DeviceA . Even if you did have
sub devices only the master device would send heartbearts and would still
look like the message above.

hth

James

danward79 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to be having some issues getting the bridge to run properly.
>
> Are all the parameters in unix format?  Do I need to specify all of
them?

> The heartbeat msg from the bridge, seems to return an error at best,
> and for the rest of my attempts nothing.
>
> The error is as follows
> -----
> Error Message: A xAP message received was malformed. The UID FF000101
> is setup as a subaddress but the Source address is not:
Rocket.Bridge.One
> Received From: 192.168.0.7:2569
>
> xap-hbeat
> {
> v=12
> hop=1
> uid=FF000101
> class=xap-hbeat.alive
> source=Rocket.Bridge.One
> interval=60
> port=3639
> }
> -----
>
> I must be doing something simple wrong here, does anyone have any
> ideas please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> This is a bit of a guess but:
>> xap-bridge [serial port] [instance name] [network interface] [udp
port]
>> [debug level]
>>
>> and serial port will probably be in the unix format eg /dev/ttyS0
>>
> for com1
>
>> I did notice this though, and this one is really for Patrick:
>> /*
>>    $Date: 2003/05/05 14:02:53 $
>>    $Revision: 1.1 $
>>    $Log: bridge.c,v $
>>    Revision 1.1  2003/05/05 14:02:53  cvsowner
>>    Very simple serial bridge - only listens on serial port at 9600
>> (fixed), does not modify hop count. Forwards messages on to
ethernet
>> interface without verifying integrity.
>>

>>    xAP Serial - Ethernet bridge
>>
>> */
>> which implies a 9600 baud
>>
>> but this
>>     newtio.c_cflag = B19200CS8CREADCLOCAL;
>>     newtio.c_iflag=IGNBRK  IGNPAR  IXON  IXOFF;
>>     newtio.c_lflag=0;
>>
>>     newtio.c_cc[VTIME]=0;
>>     newtio.c_cc[VMIN]=0;
>>
>>         cfsetispeed(&newtio, B19200);        // this seems to
be
>> necessary under
>>         cfsetospeed(&newtio, B19200);            // Cygwin, it
isn't
>> required under Linux
>>
>> would imply a 19200 baud?
>>
>> James
>>

>> danward79 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have downloaded Patrick's Serial Bridge.  What is the
commandline
>>> format?
>>>
>>> Is it xap-bridge.exe <port>?
>>>
>>> or are there other parameters required?
>>>
>>> I am wanting to play around with some AVR Microprocessors am I
right
>>> in assuming as long as the serial bridge is listening on the
correct
>>> port (6 in my case).  I just send a xAP msg over the serial
interface
>>> and the Bridge should handle it ok?
>>>
>>> I am looking at trying to make some simple light level
detector's
>>> using Bascom.
>>>
>>> Any tips?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------030408040103020808010308

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

For a device without any sub devices the UID must end 00 .<br>
so the hbeat should be<br>
<pre wrap="">xap-hbeat
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF000100
class=xap-hbeat.alive
source=Rocket.Bridge.One
interval=60
port=3639
}

If you did have sub devices then the first subdevice would have a uid of
ff000101 and a source of rocket.bridge.one:DeviceA . Even if you did have
sub devices only the master device would send heartbearts and would still
look like the message above.

hth

James
</pre>
danward79 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi,

[...]

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">hi,

This is a bit of a guess but:
xap-bridge [serial port] [instance name] [network interface] [udp port]
[debug level]

and serial port will probably be in the unix format eg /dev/ttyS0
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->for com1
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I did notice this though, and this one is
really for Patrick:
/*
Revision 1.1  2003/05/05 14:02:53  cvsowner
Very simple serial bridge - only listens on serial port at 9600
(fixed), does not modify hop count. Forwards messages on to ethernet
interface without verifying integrity.

xAP Serial - Ethernet bridge

*/
which implies a 9600 baud

but this
newtio.c_cflag = B19200CS8CREADCLOCAL;
newtio.c_iflag=IGNBRK  IGNPAR  IXON  IXOFF;
newtio.c_lflag=0;

newtio.c_cc[VTIME]=0;
newtio.c_cc[VMIN]=0;

cfsetispeed(&amp;newtio, B19200);        // this seems to be
necessary under
cfsetospeed(&amp;newtio, B19200);            // Cygwin, it isn't
required under Linux

would imply a 19200 baud?

James

danward79 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi,

I have downloaded Patrick's Serial Bridge.  What is the commandline
format?

Is it xap-bridge.exe &lt;port&gt;?