Re: Serial Bridge.

Hi Guy's

Thanks for the responses.

Lehane,

I was hoping that I would be able to keep the devices simple i.e. just
have them broadcast there light level every x mins.  Hence the
occasional lost packet would not be a big issue.

If I come up with somethink in the long run, I would like to actually
have the devices broadcast onto my ethernet network.  At the moment, I
don't want to have too many different networks round the house.

Really I was looking to the serial bridge to allow experimentation,
easilly, as I have a a few spare serial ports, of which one is
connected to my dev board.

I was thinking that if I do use ethernet in the long run, I would
possible use a siteplayer board or a TWI Easy IP jobby from bascom.

James,

Thanks for the responce I will have a play and feed back.

Cheers

Dan

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Lehane Kellett <lehane@...> wrote:

> Dan,
> Can't help with Patrick's code but I have been playing with RS485
serial
> multidrop at 38k4.
>
> I guess you're going for xAP BSC and therefore will need two way on
the
> serial bus?
>
> One problem you may encounter if you have a fairly busy xAP network is
> that the
> serial line gets flooded unless the bridge takes some measures to
queue
> and/or drop
> packets.
>
> For a simple application with only a single device on the serial line
> you may want to put the
> smarts in the PC end, like the TOM10.
>
> Lehane
>

> danward79 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have downloaded Patrick's Serial Bridge.  What is the
commandline