Re: xAP News 3.1 Released

Hi James,

> I have the pop3 monitor and the email sender setup
> (www.xapframework.net).

Yep I use those too.

What I meant was a way for Floorplan to respond directly to commands sent
over smtp.  For example at the moment I use your Outlook plugin to
broadcast
xap messages it receives by pop3:

If I send the following as an email:

<xAP>
Class=message.display
<msg>
display.text
{
Line1=Put the kettle on, I'll be home in ten minutes
Duration=30
Priority=4
Type=Queue
}
</xAP>

Then the Outlook plugin will broadcast that as a xAP message once it
receives the email.

I think it would be useful for Floorplan to be able to do that but instead
of relying on polling a pop3 mailbox which introduces a delay, it would do
it immediately when an email is received over smtp?

It would also be good to be able to send Floorplan a simple xap message by
email like:

<xAP>
Class=floorplan.cmd (??)
<msg>
script.execute (??)
{
script=MissedCalls
}
</xAP>

and Floorplan would then immediately run the script
"MissedCalls".

Hope that makes more sense??

Thanks,

Martyn