Re: Re: xap watcher problem

--------------070604040800070106090704

Hi,

Sorry i havn't got back to you, i'd completly missed your reply.
I've been looking at the code and for some reason the object that is
used to access the cpu % is failing. It may be a clock issue as the
routine monitors cpu over a period of time if there were clock
adjustments, like ntp updatting the clock,  it may cause it to stop.
I've added some code to restart the routine it it happens. could you
give the below exe a try and see how you get on.

http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/watcher20060606.zip

Thanks
James

wrote:

>> no it's just a 2.6g celeron running win2k.
>>
>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything unusual about that pc? dual cpu,
hyperthreading etc?

>>> James

this only

> affects one

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------070604040800070106090704

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Hi,<br>
Sorry i havn't got back to you, i'd completly missed your reply.<br>
I've been looking at the code and for some reason the object that is
used to access the cpu % is failing. It may be a clock issue as the
routine monitors cpu over a period of time if there were clock
adjustments, like ntp updatting the clock,&nbsp; it may cause it to
stop.&nbsp;
I've added some code to restart the routine it it happens. could you
give the below exe a try and see how you get on.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/watcher20060606.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/testing/watcher20060606.zip</a><br>
Thanks<br>
James<br>
rleong1 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">haven't heard back about this problem.  i'm
still having it.  was
wondering if you could add debug code to your app to see why it fails?
thanks!

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.kjsdoghouse.com/autohouse";>http://www.kjsdoghouse.com/autohouse</a>

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"rleong1" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:rleong1@...";>&lt;rleong1@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">no it's just a 2.6g celeron running win2k.

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James &lt;james@&gt; wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Is there anything unusual about that pc? dual
cpu, hyperthreading etc?

James

rleong1 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">i'm running xap watcher and every so often the
cpu reading goes to
":-(" and it stops reporting.  any suggestions?  this only
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->affects one
</pre>
<pre wrap="">machine.  i'm running it on another pc and
that one runs perfectly.