Re: axc > xapSwitchBoard>mce enhancement

Quoting darrenp_lock (7/9/06 2:42 PM):
> Not one but three requests for enhancement in one!
>
> I am currently using axc to generate CID.Meteor messages which
> xAPSwitchboard picks up performs CLID lookup and generates
> message.display. I am running MCExAP on my Mdeia Centre which
> results in the incoming call details being displayed on my Plasma.
>
> The enhancement I would really like is for axc to produce on-
> hook/off-hook events for a monitored extension

axc v0.4 (posted just yesterday) does this.  However, not necessarily
exactly as you might be thinking.  Specifically, axc uses a canonical
form of subaddressing of <device_name>.<trunk_name> for all CTI
calls so
as to be compatible w/ as much as SB as possible (side note: AFAIK, SB
only understands the concept of a "line" whereas there are 2
endpoints
that are important w/i asterisk.  This results in the canonical notation
above).  The on-/off- hook events, however, are generated regardless of
whether the trunk is monitored or not.  This is very deliberate as
monitoring voicemail as an extension doesn't make sense, but I do want
to indicate off-hook when it is checked.  These events are subaddressed
using the form extensions.<device_name>.  If necessary, I can also
begin
sending these same events if they correspond to a monitored extension.
I'll defer making the latter change until I know what SB would need.

Gregg