Re: xAP slimserver Connector, Homeseer, HS xAP plugin

  • Subject: Re: xAP slimserver Connector, Homeseer, HS xAP plugin
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:46:04 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Lehane Kellett <lehane@...>
wrote:

> In either case keeping up with the code base is always a problem.

... and this one sure moves fast !

On balance
> keeping on the CLI interface is still the way to go, although I
> currently only have
> one Squeezebox (and two Rio's but that's another story...).
>
> Probably the one piece of source I don't have is the slim connector
but
> if Stuart
> made it available then I could take a look

I'll ask him... and that's a great offer thanks...

- the downside is that I'd
> have to
> move to .NET 2.0 as that is my dev environment now and where my
personal
> copy of xFx has migrated to.

There's obviously a need for a .Net 2.0 version of xFX so any help you
can be here would be appreciated by many I'm sure. I am not sure if
you are in touch with Stuart but I get the feeling it's not going to
appear from him anytime soon.

> I guess most devices perform their queing independently (or not at
all)
> which can
> lead to some oddities. An xAP queue application would resolve those
and
> could reduce
> the coding effort in the final clients too.

and multi criteria queues can get hairy to code so it would make them
accessible to less proficent coders like me .. :-)