Exceptions. Incorrect Dimming.

Hi,

I'm trying to use a plug in dimmer of the X102 (i.e. X10 squared) type
from http://x10-hk.com/store/ with
the xAP hub and x10 connector (with
BSC support) from xapframework.net and xAP floorplan. All running on
Windows 2003 server (web edition.) X10 is via a CM12U serial.

I can turn the lamp on and off, and brighten and dim it from xAP
floorplan, but it is not consistently addressing the correct dimming
levels. Particularly from an off state clicking on any dimming level
seems to send the lamp to about 25% brightness, irrespective of its
status before the last turn-off.
The X10 connector (I'm running the gui version at this stage for
testing) has some valid X10 transmit rows, but also a frequent inclusion
of multiple messages as follows:
Exception   A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to
WSACancelBlockingCall
I've done a bit of googling, but I'm not even sure if this is a real
problem as I'm new to home automation, so I'm none the wiser.

Anyone got any pointers for me? I'd be most grateful for any hints.

(One final point - these X102 units go to their previous dimming level
when sent an "on" command, and I seem to have picked up that the
Marmitek units just go to full brightness. Is there any way this is /
can be supported in the X10 xAP connector, otherwise dimming levels will
never be correctly addressable, which would be a shame as these seem
nice units, and a sensible price, too.)

Many thanks,
Ben