Re: linux xAP message logging to database

Write your own ?

Recapping my development from a couple of years back : this will give you
some ideas : I had to use a php script instead of perl as what I was doing
with the logs wass to push status's into shared memory rather than a
database :

root myhome:~> svstat /service/
bandwidthd   dhcpd        phpcronshm   xap-hub      xap-x10
crond        ntpd         sshd         xap-monitor

root myhome:~> svstat /service/xap-monitor
/service/xap-monitor: up (pid 196) 339903 seconds

root myhome:~> more /service/xap-monitor/run
#!/bin/sh

socket=`/bin/netstat -pl  /bin/grep 3639  /usr/bin/cut -d'/' -f2`
#socket=`/bin/netstat -pl  /bin/grep 2222  /usr/bin/cut -d'/' -f2`
process="xap-hub         "

if [ $socket = $process ]; then
echo "Starting xap-monitor"
exec /besophisticated.com/apps/xap/xap-monitor-logging.php 2>&1
else
echo "Failed to start xap-monitor due to socket 3639 not being the
xap-hub"
#      echo "Failed to start xap-monitor due to socket 2222 not being
the
xap-hub"
echo "It is currently occupied by -$socket-"
fi

/besophisticated.com/apps/xap/xap-monitor-logging.php

comprises of :

$handle = popen("/besophisticated.com/apps/xap/xap-receive foo eth2
eth2

Read this in to your hearts content.

Shaf

- 07855 300 360 - shaf@xxxxxxx - www.shaf.net