Re: howto use bsc or homeseer.command to control homeseer device?

  • Subject: Re: howto use bsc or homeseer.command to control homeseer device?
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:41:29 +0000

paul6138 wrote:
> Setup is as follows
>
> homeseer (1.7)  xap conduit 1.0.1
>
> Using xap send I am trying to use either bsc or homeseer schemas to
> control a homeseer virtual device (housecode v8).
>
> I seem to be getting nowhere - the homeseer machine can see the
> incoming commands - if I use homeseer.command the homeseer box spots
> the command as new hardware.
That is because you are originating the message from a device (source=)
that HomeSeer doesn't know about so it is letting you know it has
discovered a new device on teh xAP network  and asking you if you want
to create a corresponding device in HomeSeer
> If I use BSC - closest I get is a
> homeseer log message of BSC State Starting.

It sounds like your message structure is wrong...
> I am a bit confused as to where I find the UID and what the
> addressing for target should be (I tried catching a status message
> when homeseer changes the value and using the "source" in
that
> message as the target in mine - but still stuck).

You're half way there - you need to create a xAPBSC.cmd message targeted
at the particular device in Homeseer - and as you spotted the easiest
way to create this is to use the information that the device has
supplied in its xAPBSC.status message. You need the 'address' and there
are two ways of sorting out the ID= line , (the UID match), one is a
lazy wildcard match but it is easier.

> Anyone got a simple "this works for me" sample for either
schema
> they could share? or a pointer to how/where the UID comes from?

You don't mention which of the three types of BSC device your HomeSeer
one is - a BINARY ONOFF or a LEVELor a TEXT device, so the easiest way
to do this would be for you to post here a copy of the xAPBSC.Status
message from your HomeSeer device that you want to control.  If you
could do that then I will post back a xAPBS.cmd message that will
control it....

Kevin