Asterisk

  • Subject: Asterisk
  • From: James <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:57:48 +0000

Patrick,

I've finally got round to setting up an asterisk box, asterisk@home 2.2,
and am tryingout your connector. I am running the connector on windows
for the moment. When I run it  with just username,pass server and port I
get this
C:\asterisk>xap-asterisk admin amp111 192.168.0.92 5038
xAP Asterisk Manager Interface 1.0
(c) Patrick Lidstone, 2003-5
eth0: address 192.168.0.108
eth0: netmask 255.255.255.0
Autoconfig: xAP broadcasts on 192.168.0.255:3639
xAP uid=FF000E00, source=Rocket.asterisk.5038
Broadcast socket port 3639 in use
Assuming a hub is active
Discovered port 3639
Attempting to connect to asterisk server 192.168.0.92:5038
Connected ok
Connected to call manager
Asterisk Call Manager/1.0

Which is great, and I start seeing xAP messages from asterisk correctly.
Now i try to set the instance name

C:\asterisk>xap-asterisk admin amp111 192.168.0.92 5038 server
xAP Asterisk Manager Interface 1.0
(c) Patrick Lidstone, 2003-5

Could not determine interface address for interface server
Broadcast socket port 3639 in use
Assuming a hub is active
Discovered port 3639
Attempting to connect to asterisk server 192.168.0.92:5038
Connected ok
and no xAPs get sent, although hbeats are.
I tried this too
C:\asterisk>xap-asterisk admin amp111 192.168.0.92 5038 eth0 server
and it didn't work either.  Any ideas?

I did take a look at the source couldn't quite see what was what but i
did notice this bit:
i=router_send_str("Username: admin\r\n",
i_router_outbound_sockfd);
if (i==0) {
printf("Login failed\n");
exit(-2);
}
i=router_send_str("Secret: amp111\r\n",
i_router_outbound_sockfd);
if (i==0) {
printf("Login failed\n");
exit(-2);
would this imply that the user and password is actually hardcoded?

Going back to the original command where i did get the xAP messages. Is
there  any way of filtering or simplifying these? I was finding a single
call was about 50 messages which would be alot of processing for
Switchboard to do! Would there be any chance of getting the messages
split up into sub addreses or even jsut be able to restrict to certain
important messages,  like incoming/outgoing start/finsh + digit pressed
only?

Many thanks

James