Re: Squeezebox 3

Thanks for the replies... They do raise a couple more queries:

- I infer from your replies that it's unlikely that anyone is using
slimserver 6.2 with xAP. Is this correct?

- Are people tending to use slim devices with xAP or is this now a
bit of a backwater in terms of music streaming and information
display?  If so, what are people tending to use now?  (My reason for
asking is that I'm using xLobby with Pocket PCs for most of my audio
but in the lounge I need something different to link into the normal
hifi. The xAP to xLobby connector has proved to be the 'glue' that
I'd been looking for in linking a number of components together and
this was my reason for looking into the squeezebox.)

- Depening on the answers to the above, if I downloaded slimserver
6.2 could I 'experiment' with xAP connectivity without a device
attached (or do I really need the display/player to make any sense
of things)?

Thanks

Richard

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:

> Stuart Booth wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:11:44 -0000, "rb_ziggy"
> > <richard.boreham@n...> wrote:
> >

> >> Does anyone know if the new Squeezebox 3 player work with xAP
and the
> >> existing plugins?
> >>

> > Oops, I had missed this query. I'm afraid I have no idea. I
don't know
> > anybody with a Squeezebox 3 unfortunately.

> The xAP SlimServer conduit interacts with the SlimServer software
> application and hence the actual player is probably not too
important. I
> therefore think this may work, although I don't have a SB3 either.
>
>   The only thing I'm unsure of is the compatibility of the
SlimServer