Re: Asterisk

  • Subject: Re: Asterisk
  • From: "erdut1" <erdut1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 07:19:12 -0000

       I think I've found the reason its not compiling,
basically there seems to be a problem with the function strnicmp
defined in string.h and used in asterisk.c. Renaming  the fuction
strnicmp to the strncmp (similar fuction - except that strncmp is case
sensitive where strnicmp is not) will allow it to compile, giving you
a working xap-asterisk executable.
Looking at the code (asterisk.c) I dont think using strncmp
should be a problem  as from what I can tell it only seems to be used
in verifying that you have logged into the "Asterisk Call
Manager".
Hopefully Patrick can confirm this or offer an alternate solution.

So basically if you want to compile the manager source first copy the
xaplib files to the proper locaions (as described by James earlier)
and rename all occurances of strnicmp to strncmp in asterisk.c

Please note I'm not a programmer so the above may not be technically
correct but it does work.

I also just wanted to thank Patrick and others for there efforts and
great xap apps, all your hard work is very much appreciated.

Nick

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Well I can help here. This does work:
> xap-asterisk admin amp111 192.168.0.92 5038
>
> (replace IP obviously)
>
> hth
>
> James
>
> erdut1 wrote:
> > while waiting for Patrick re: the compiling problem, I thought
I'd